District 3 Closed

dweese

Just checked the OFSC page, all of District 3 is closed :wtf: I hate warm weather unless its here to stay and I can get teh bike out. But I know its not spring yet but the forcast shows no snow and temps around -2 for the next 14 days. I guess its time to go back to those unfinished projects around the house

Or trailer!

Or trailer!

X2

Last season the OFSC closed the entire system during a warm spell. Temps dropped & the trails firmed up. The next weekend conditions were great.

I rather see the trails closed short term to preserve what we have that to leave them open & have people ride them regardless of the crappy conditions. Then when the temps drop, the trails are screwed.

theres still a decent base in much of district 3 by staying off it for a couple days when it gets cold again we will still be riding

I hope everyone is right, looking at my front yard, I would guess I've lost about 6 inchs of snow last night. Weather network says over night lows should be down around -12°c and maybe 10cm mid next week.

theres still a decent base in much of district 3 by staying off it for a couple days when it gets cold again we will still be riding

Exactly

Exactly

The open fields have taken a beating out by me but in the bush trails we should be good. Biggest concern is getting the swamp areas frozen up again. Some of those areas are wide open.

I took my sled out for a few minutes to look at the trail conditions in district 1, East of Ottawa (Cumberland area). Lots of snow melted, enough so a few empty beer cans appearred along the trail.

I wonder what the farmers might say in the spring if they see empty beer cans where they gave us the right to use their land for our trails.

Anyway, I stopped to pick them up. If those cans belong to a member reading this post, you can have them back for your refund if you want. Send me a message and I'll arrange a meet to deliver your goods, not a problem.

I took my sled out for a few minutes to look at the trail conditions in district 1, East of Ottawa (Cumberland area). Lots of snow melted, enough so a few empty beer cans appearred along the trail.

I wonder what the farmers might say in the spring if they see empty beer cans where they gave us the right to use their land for our trails.

Anyway, I stopped to pick them up. If those cans belong to a member reading this post, you can have them back for your refund if you want. Send me a message and I'll arrange a meet to deliver your goods, not a problem.

Hey skid

A week ago I was out for a day trip in my area d5. I was thinking the very same thing as I found 6 cans in total on roads and in the fields. My windshield bag was full (08 Nytro) it was amazing the garbage some of us are leaving. I bet most forum readers aren't the ones doing this.

Timmer

Lots of Dist 3 is up and running again .... link to some pic's from grooming the last few days :woot::woot:

http://forum.ontarioconditions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4144

Saw your pics Nutter, awesome.

We hope to maybe get over that way next weekend.

Saw your pics Nutter, awesome.

We hope to maybe get over that way next weekend.

Thanks and welcome to OC, hope to see ya at our Poker Run Louisa :woot::woot:

Archived