hey giddy up

stormtraxx####

How are the trails in the kearney area right now ???

Were heading up the weekend of 14th for 6 days

And is no one riding on sandlake or there just not marked ???

How are the trails in the kearney area right now ???

Were heading up the weekend of 14th for 6 days

And is no one riding on sandlake or there just not marked ???

Hey, ST...Giddy is in Kearney now, without access to the 'Net, so I'll try answering on her behalf. We're headed that way today from Huntsville shortly. We rode much of the Almaguin system 2 weeks ago, and it was excellent then, so it can only be better now, and that's what the club site is reporting. Should be good to go in Feb., if the weather holds.

And as for Sand Lake, I have read that the club will not be staking it this year, so use at own risk. There is apparently a new land trail which goes from Whisky Jack's to Edgewater, without the need to go on the lake at all.

Hope that helps.

A little Sand Lake info:

The lake will not be staked, ADSC is not assuming any liability for it. There is a new land trail from Silversands/Whiskey Jack over to Edgewater, which also eliminates running that section of Hwy 518 shoulder across the bridge. It was groomed and in great shape this past weekend.

hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies !!!!

Stormtraxx####

A little Sand Lake info:

The lake will not be staked, ADSC is not assuming any liability for it. There is a new land trail from Silversands/Whiskey Jack over to Edgewater, which also eliminates running that section of Hwy 518 shoulder across the bridge. It was groomed and in great shape this past weekend.

hope this helps.

Hey Stormtraxx!

Just got home for a "pit stop" and saw your message. The trails in the Almaguin system are in great shape right now - just passed the groomer headed north on D123 towards Burk's as we were leaving :D The D123 was in awesome shape on Saturday - some of the best conditions I have seen on that trail for some time! Both the Almaguin Club and Highland Rovers are dooing an excellent job this year (as always) and the cold weather has created a great base.

I will be up there again before your planned trip and if anything changes - I'll let you know! Happy Trails! :wavey::wavey:

thanks very much for your post we alwayus look forward to our annual kearney trip snowmobiling every year.

Stormtraxx#######

Just got home for a "pit stop" and saw your message. The trails in the Almaguin system are in great shape right now - just passed the groomer headed north on D123 towards Burk's as we were leaving :D The D123 was in awesome shape on Saturday - some of the best conditions I have seen on that trail for some time! Both the Almaguin Club and Highland Rovers are dooing an excellent job this year (as always) and the cold weather has created a great base.

I will be up there again before your planned trip and if anything changes - I'll let you know! Happy Trails! :wavey::wavey:

Archived