HURON OPP LAUNCHES SNOWMOBILE TRAIL BLITZ

Mrs. Mossy

Just a heads up.....

Members of the Huron OPP Traffic Management Unit (TMU) are presently suiting up to hit the snowmobile trails in Huron County as part of a winter initiative.

The unit, which includes 6 members trained as snowmobile operators, will be out on the trails regularly conducting RIDE checks, checking vehicle documents, ensuring snowmobile operators are licenced and ensuring people are not trespassing on closed trails. This initiative will continue as long as the trails remain open.

So far this winter, the Huron OPP has investigated 5 collisions involving snowmobiles, two resulting in serious injury and one resulting in death.

We understand that operators are itching to get out on the trails but with the strange weather we have experienced this year, many have had to delay their travels. Most trails are presently open but conditions are listed as Limited. Operators using the trails are urged to use caution as trail conditions are not yet optimal. Once again, the OFSC website lists updated trail status so please check the website at

...ensuring people are not trespassing on closed trails. This initiative will continue as long as the trails remain open.

Whoever does PR for the Huron OPP needs to be replaced. :roll:

At least this isn't as bad as the time they asked the public to become vigilante. 8-)

...ensuring people are not trespassing on closed trails. This initiative will continue as long as the trails remain open.

Whoever does PR for the Huron OPP needs to be replaced. :roll:

At least this isn't as bad as the time they asked the public to become vigilante. 8-)

I was thinking the same thing ! as for the vigilante thing they must know NBLMVS :P

You are completely right Skidooer....I have often said that the Huron Detachment should hire me as their Communications Officer...not only would the bulletins be grammatically correct, they would be up to date!!!

FM 102 could use some one to type their press as well....

:wavey:

i meant the cops falling through :poke:

I thought that only happens down here on Lake St. Clair & the Thames River :wavey:

i meant the cops falling through :poke:

I thought that only happens down here on Lake St. Clair & the Thames River :wavey:

In Parry Sound District, too, apparently. :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Archived