Parry Sound - Dunahmic trail update

xcsldr

Trails remain closed. Some low lying areas that were flooded have frozen but there are large washouts throughout the trail network. We have not received any significant snow since the meltdown.

Some trees have come down and club volunteers will be busy this weekend trying to remove the trees we can get too.

One of our groomers has broken an axle and is still stuck midway down the c101 close to 518. Guys spent 8 hours last weekend removing the broken axle. The axle has been repaired and hopefully we can get it back on this weekend but theres really nothing to groom.

Grooming will not start again until we get at least 18 inches of snow on the c101. (we are pretty much starting over)

Smaller trails will be packed and groomed with the drag once we get at least 12 inches.

Pray for snow!

Snow At Times heavy forecast for parry sound tonight. Also, snow for the rest of the week. Hopefully this turns out true. I'd like to get up next weekend. We have a cottage just off the seguin on manitouwaba so I'll do my best to clear any brush that i see (I'll bring a saw up with me.)

Snow At Times heavy forecast for parry sound tonight. Also, snow for the rest of the week. Hopefully this turns out true. I'd like to get up next weekend. We have a cottage just off the seguin on manitouwaba so I'll do my best to clear any brush that i see (I'll bring a saw up with me.)

I have a friend who has a cottage on your lake. They are on Kellington point. I just got back from my cottage on Ahmic. Went up tue, came back wed. Not much snow left, water was very high but is going down. Lots of false ice along shore of the lake. There are ice huts out on the lake and sleds and atv s going to them, but I could not get on the lake from my place. have to brake up all the false ice and let it refreeze. I saw a groomer doing this on my way up #11 by the seguin trail. That trail seemed to be fresh groomed on my way home. Anywhere with swamps or creek crossings will take awhile. Plus a trail like 101 with all the rock outcrops will need alot more snow. Seasonal roads they don't plow will be ok to ride maybe, but thats about it for now.

Dunahmic expects to have most trails open or limited by this weekend namely, c104d, c101 , 804 and 805. Groomers have been going out since Saturday. C104D and C101 have been groomed from c104d to the 804 and they are going out tonight. 804 and 805 will be groomed on Thursday. The c101 trail is coming up nicely but still exposed rocks. Snow is fluffy and with the real cold temps its hard to pack.

Lake manitouwabing is not staked yet but we will be taking a closer look at it this weekend. The area were the trail crosses McKellar Centre road was completely open a week or so ago so we need to check ice conditions first.

Alot of the shore line has weak ice due to the thaw and high water. Some areas on the lake have extremely thin ice due to the current. I also hear there is alot of slush in spots.

Please check the Parry Sound Snowmobile District site or the OFSC on thursday afternoon for a more thorough report as conditions will be called in tomorrow after tonights grooming. I will not be able to update the dunahmic website for this weekend as I am going up -2- Parry Sound tomorrow.

Dunahmic expects to have most trails open or limited by this weekend namely, c104d, c101 , 804 and 805. Groomers have been going out since Saturday. C104D and C101 have been groomed from c104d to the 804 and they are going out tonight. 804 and 805 will be groomed on Thursday. The c101 trail is coming up nicely but still exposed rocks. Snow is fluffy and with the real cold temps its hard to pack.

Lake manitouwabing is not staked yet but we will be taking a closer look at it this weekend. The area were the trail crosses McKellar Centre road was completely open a week or so ago so we need to check ice conditions first.

Alot of the shore line has weak ice due to the thaw and high water. Some areas on the lake have extremely thin ice due to the current. I also hear there is alot of slush in spots.

Please check the Parry Sound Snowmobile District site or the OFSC on thursday afternoon for a more thorough report as conditions will be called in tomorrow after tonights grooming. I will not be able to update the dunahmic website for this weekend as I am going up -2- Parry Sound tomorrow.

Great news, xcsldr. Thanks for the report ... maybe we'll see you on the trails in Parry Sound this weekend!

Mon January 28.

Our website has been updated.

All trails with the exception of the 805 (pikes peak trail) were opened last Friday. As of today, grooming has temporarily stopped until the cold returns. Trails are soft and all were last groomed over the weekend but it doesn't take too many sleds at these temperatures to make a mess.

Calling for 4 degrees and rain tomorrow :banghead:

All lakes have been staked with the exception of Ahmic Lake and some of those along the 805. More snow needed. Ice conditions are not ideal along some sections of the 805 and the trail will not be listed open until that improves.

C104D cannot be groomed for the last 2km just east of Duck Rock until more ice forms at the marsh.

Stay on stake lines as many lakes have considerable slush.

Will provide update later on this week

Trails

Thanks for the update.....we definitely will be keeping all fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that this next round of mild air and rain does not last long and everything freezes up quickly after. More snow is forecast after the rain....... keep us posted please!!!

Man that is some good news xcsldr, looks like the new crew is doing a fantastic job. Keep the updates coming,I love reading these first hand reports.

Welcome to the forum stepside ... enjoy!

Here is Cramadog's Trail report

JAN 28th Trails are starting to OPEN

The Rest will be OPENing Soon!

DATE OF LAST TRAIL UPDATE: Monday January 28th 4:00pm

Trail From To Condition Comments Activity

600 "S" Ardbeg Bennett's Bay LI LIMITED Groomed

600 "N" Bennett's Bay Loring Connection LI LIMITED Groomed

601 "Wildcatl" Wahwashkesh Maple Island XX CLOSED CLOSED

602 "Lake Trail" Whitestone Resort Anki Rocks O OPEN Groomed

603 "Snakeskin" Lake Trail Alt. to C104D O OPEN Staked

604 "Dogfish" Ardbeg Top "C" XX CLOSED Staking

605 "Gords" Whitestone Lake Wahwashkesh LI LIMITED Groomed

C104D Dunchurch Ardbeg LI LIMITED Groomed

C104D Ardbeg Hydro line LI LIMITED Groomed

D102C (1) Ardbeg Magnetawan Bridge LI LIMITED Groomed

D102C (2) Magnetawan Bridge Trail 600 LI LIMITED Groomed

D102c (3) Trail 600 Loring Connection LI LIMITED Groomed

Thanks for the update!!! Thank goodness that area is starting to finally open up......there's some really nice trails up that way!

Here is the report for Argyle (Port Loring) as per their website

The following Trails are Open but in Limited Condition:

D102C From Restoule to Port Loring

AR503,AR504,AR505,AR507

C106 to C105D Wilson and Seagull lakes are Staked.

"AR510 SOUTH TO ARDBEG IS CLOSED"

Archived