Results of this weekends Poker Run $$$$$

Doonut

The Port of Orillia will be the base for the Team United, Runnin for a Cure chjarity poker run this Saturday,July 19th. With stops in Pefferlaw, Roches Point, Barrie and Lagoon city, there will be plenty of chances to see the amazing pieces of machinery. Drop by before 10am or after 4pm to view the boats. I can promise you some awsome equipment on will be on display at the docks. Find me and I'll even buy you an ice cold adult beverage.

I'll be crewing for the sponsor of the event aboard CatAstrophe. This custom built 43 foot NorTech catamaran is powered by two Mercury Racing 1075 horse power engines and capable of speeds exceeding 150mph Yaaa Baby :P

Remember, if you see us scream by, :wavey:

57_af2ce1d4e2fd770973d9c3f2ebaca1c8

Cool!

Approx what time and where in Pefferlaw? Quinns?

May drop by.

Have fun.

Pefferlaw is a floating card stop. We will not be docking there. Should be in the bay around 10:30

How the heck do you pick up a card at 150 mph ? :lol:

Wait, I know; somebody throws a deck of cards up in the air and you drive through it ! :D:D

I hope you get fair weather and very little chop - enjoy yourself and good luck with the fund raising.

HOLY CRAP.........I've been in a Bass boat at 75mph which seemed to me to be way too fast.......but if you want to go faster than the speed of light .......be my guest........and more power to ya. Hope to hear from ya after...........Taz

MC, you probably did see CatAstrophe on A channel. Casey Kolby was there to do a story on the run and the reason. He did some basic filming. He then got a guided tour of CatAstrophe from yours truely. He was supposed to go up in a chopper that the owner of CatAstrophe chartered for 2500.00 for the day but the little 5foot2 weeny chickened out at the last minute and refused to get on the chopper. What a wanker he was about it too. "It's not my protocol" was all he kept saying over and over. A flurry of phone calls form several people to the station were all directed to the manager who, funny enough would not answer his phone or return any calls. :(

Jayne Pritchard ( sp? ) from A news was there unofficially and she was rather pleasant. Her boyfriend had made a donation to the charity for two seats on CatAstrophe for him and his buddy. Both nice guys. They enjoyed the ride but didn't really say much when the speedo passed 100. :)

Weather was perfect although some wind would have been nice.

The lake was for the most part like a mirror. Way too flat for fun. It took until the last leg of the run from Barrie to Orillia to burn off enough fuel and weight for us to be able to run 140mph. The water was just like velcro :(

All in, we raised $16,000.00 for the day AND sent 16 kids from Sick Kids Hospital to an all expenses paid night at a future Jays game in a corporate box with full service. The box was to be auctioned off to the highest bidder but a quick change in plans saw every one donate $100.00 to the charity and then gift the box to the kids.

Oh, and Team United / CatAstrophe was first back to the docks. Not that its a race or anything :)

Archived