Missing Link goes yellow tomorrow

manotickmike

7 minutes ago, Big Pete said:

Brian, it’s not the technical design issues of a crossing that are problem. Heck those would be easy to solve.  Its coming down to liability and indemnity clauses which should not depend on which district is involved. WildBill says they have a great relationship with their regional MTO. Up until this year so did we. Or at least I thought. How can the liability and indemnity clauses be acceptable to both sides in Wild Bills district but not ours. Are they not the same? Is our insurer allowing different clauses in different districts. If yes, why?  Why would they not say to us, here are clauses we can live with and are acceptable to MTO in other regions. Somehow, I think different rules are being used in different areas and the only way to bring it to light is with a centralized approach at least on the insurance/liability side. 

Agreed, the liability issues certainly need a centralized approach and I am very disappointed to hear that MTO Districts are not taking a unifirm policy direction from MTO Head Office.  To have this issue blow up at the start of the snowmobiling season is certainly inexcusable.

My apologies to Slow Touring Guy if he was referring to the same liability issue that you have set out.

The Province of Ontario needs to really engage with OFSC on a variety of issue of importance to Ontario snowmobiling.  Sadly, the last 10 years have seen diminishing support in many ways.

Sorry to have sparked this, I ran both the red sections several times today. Both up to Brent and company's usual excellent standards. Poker run a big hit.

IMG_20200118_161203646_HDR.jpg