Go-Fund Me for 14 year old who had his sled stolen

Curly

Read this and donate through link below. 

From Ethan’s dad: “Just an update On my boy’s stolen sled. We recovered it yesterday afternoon. Both  of us had to go retrieve it from the end of Beck Boulevard and Fox Street in a trail  hidden near the small river that runs in the back of that Bush. Someone stripped it down to almost nothing and damaged what was left then dragged it to that location. Got a call from the police to go and get it. Ethan I think was finally ok with the fact that it was gone for good. I think it would have been better that way. Having him dragging his own sled out of the bush like that sent him over the deep end. Depressed little guy now not in good state. Love how people love to crush people’s lives. Items that where taken are as follows in case anyone come across or in the sledding community hears of them going around. The full seat. Rear tail light assembly. Snow flap. Complete handle bar assembly. Mbrp can. Both front walker evan shocks. Windshield. Gas and vented oil cap. Spark plug wires and other wiring I have no idea what it does. Pull start handle battery and starter. Every wire was cut and side panels where tossed in the river. I’m sure I’m missing a few items but that’s just me looking in 5 min. Thanks

https://www.gofundme.com/f/buy-a-boy-a-new-sled-after-his-was-stolen?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Edited by Curly
Link didn’t work.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MXZSlider said:

I'm on Kijiji and a few FB pages for Sled Parts, I'll keep a look out. 

What make and model? 

Its a 2012 Polaris Assault, I have been speaking with the Dad and he is going to have a mechanic check the sled out, there is a bunch of missing parts from when it was stolen and not sure if any damage to the engine done.  He isn't even sure if it will be worth fixing or may just sell the remains of it off and look for a new sled. As of this morning there has been over $1000 raised to help the kid out.

Nunz

Go-Fund me started last night on FB in 705 Snowmobiles Group page. Ethan’s dad, Kevin Moreau, posted piks and his story. Not sure the year of the sled, but it is a Polaris Assault. Not much left of it. 

Just now, UsedtoSkidoo said:

no insurance?

Nope, they know it was a mistake.

37 minutes ago, Curly said:

Go-Fund me started last night on FB in 705 Snowmobiles Group page. Ethan’s dad, Kevin Moreau, posted piks and his story. Not sure the year of the sled, but it is a Polaris Assault. Not much left of it. 

Some of the back/after story is just downright cruel by the perps. Nothing like rubbing salt into a wound.. 

20 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Nope, they know it was a mistake.

sorry I don't know the back story on this? Was it not true?

10 minutes ago, MXZSlider said:

Some of the back/after story is just downright cruel by the perps. Nothing like rubbing salt into a wound.. 

where is this story. don't have facebook

4 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

sorry I don't know the back story on this? Was it not true?

where is this story. don't have facebook

Here is what the dad posted a few days ago when it was stolen.

Just an update On my boy’s stolen sled. We recovered it yesterday afternoon. Both of us had to go retrieve it from the end of Beck Boulevard and Fox Street in a trail hidden near the small river that runs in the back of that Bush. Someone stripped it down to almost nothing and damaged what was left then dragged it to that location. Got a call from the police to go and get it. Ethan I think was finally ok with the fact that it was gone for good. I think it would have been better that way. Having him dragging his own sled out of the bush like that sent him over the deep end. Depressed little guy now not in good state. Love how people love to crush people’s lives. Items that where taken are as follows in case anyone come across or in the sledding community hears of them going around. The full seat. Rear tail light assembly. Snow flap. Complete handle bar assembly. Mbrp can. Both front walker evan shocks. Windshield. Gas and vented oil cap. Spark plug wires and other wiring I have no idea what it does. Pull start handle battery and starter. Every wire was cut and side panels where tossed in the river. I’m sure I’m missing a few items but that’s just me looking in 5 min. Thanks

Between midnight and 5 AM last night my son’s snowmobile was stolen from inside my double snowmobile trailer that was parked in my driveway at 73 Lorne ave in penetang. They pushed the trailer down the sandpit across the road and left it on its side and took the snowmobile and drove off with it. 2 People Are guilty. He didn’t have any insurance on it yet as it was just all fixed up for the winter and ready to ride if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated I have a pretty upset little boy 2 days before his birthday. Not fair