Snuck in a ride today.

zoso

Headed to Westport. Trails were good overall, the trail in the video is a little loop around Westport and was light on snow but very pleasant. Ended up doing 175km on a day I was not thinking I could ride, but got my obligations dealt with early and escaped reality for a few hours. This season has been just great, the snow in south eastern ontario, while not plentiful has been enduring and 8 solid weeks of riding from my garage and a couple of trips has turned this into as good a year as I have had sledding. this narrow trail is a very relaxed pace and is very fun for sure, even on the ice base with very little snow. 

You'll be watching this video a few times during the next three seasons. I'm hoping for a similar experience tomorrow; three or four must-do tasks in the morning, followed by a few hours on trail, before the weekend circus comes to town.

I was out in your area yesterday afternoon Zoso. Definitely a little thin on snow, can see the stone dust showing on the end of the railbed now and few bare spots in the fields, but was a good 170 km loop.

Archived