C Trail

andreyboater

Any information why part of trail C south of Gogama is closed. Planning to go there in a middle of February. Thanks

2 hours ago, andreyboater said:

Any information why part of trail C south of Gogama is closed. Planning to go there in a middle of February. Thanks

Go to the Clubs Ontario North Forum. Look at the Shining Tree to Timmins thread. In it you will find a post by Kered who runs the groomer on that closed section.

8 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Go to the Clubs Ontario North Forum. Look at the Shining Tree to Timmins thread. In it you will find a post by Kered who runs the groomer on that closed section.

Great I've got it. Thanks

"Thanks Lep, little clarification, you are pretty much correct. I do the section of "C" trail from the South end of Mattagami Lake to Shining Tree down to where I split with Sudbury, about 130 plus kms of trail. Pat, the club president and his wife Chantal, who is everything else in the club, look after Mattagami Lake, "C" trail from Mattagami Lake North to Post 392 where Timmins splits with him, 90 plus kms of trail. Yes, that power line is challenging and needs more snow than most everywhere else. Also he goes into Gogama. The main issue has been a so called refirbished machine delivered to me that I started with on December 29th when we got enough snow. Lasted an hour before it broke down and waited until January 7th for parts to fix it. It has not been able to complete a shift since. We are now floating in another piece and should receive it shortly to resume trail from Shining Tree to Mattagami Lake. Sudbury is going to send up a grooming team shortly to groom my first pass from them to me again so it can become fully available, this is a 36 hour run so they will sleep in one of our cabins and return. I will finish brushing that trail today. Stay tuned to the Interactive map & Gogama/ Shining Tree Facebook because we will make sure it reflects what is going on. Hope this helps, Cheers, Derek."

Archived