Wow, lookit all that GREEN east of Ottawa!

manotickmike

Just had to go check it out yesterday, faced with the afternoon off.

Never been out that way, save the evening when we got the 50++ cm last year, which, to be honest, was no joy ride on my Apex.

The Carleton Regional club has done a great job, as evidenced by all of that GREEN surrounded by a sea of red.

Kudos to the individuals who carved out all of those twisties. My arms got a real workout.

At ~0 degrees, the surface was about 2cm of damp granular atop soft-ish hardpack-ice. Saw the yellow light a few times. Not much flying snow, it pretty much stuck to the trail.

That said, perfect for testing the limits of grip in the bends. We ventured as far as Navan, (65km) and stopped for Pizza @ http://www.castellopizza.ca/

Excellent.

If trails hold up, I'm going to trailer past the 417 overpass (ugh...) and venture farther east next week.

Two good places to stay out that a way - KC's Country Kitchen / Inn not far from Vars and the 19-67 Motel in Plantagenet. (Formerly the Champlain) Both on the trail, with gas and restaurant. Stayed at the 19-67 - great scenary out that way, good sight lines on trails, you can spot the Aholes coming from several miles. Good opportunity to practice your French as well - my favourite 'donnez moi une 'amburger - all dressed, gros poutine, et un gros pepsi, ci vous plait'.

Merci for the pizza reference.

Archived