Today's condition: Orillia Midland Elmvale Fri Jan 13

Blake G

B105C from Division Road via rail trail to C through Midland and down to Elmvale have been groomed in the past 12 hours. Easy riding at 70 to 100 kph. Elmvale south on C to Rainbow Valley Road is icier but still ok between 40 and 60 kph.

Freshly groomed out of Division Road on B105C.

20170113_101039.jpg

C south of Penetang

20170113_112807.jpg

A little icy with minor drifts and moguls on the railbed between Elmvale and Apto.

C south of Elmvale.

20170113_115415.jpg

Apto Esso

20170113_120845.jpg

Look's nice thank's for sharing

Not bad considering !... thanks so much for sharing

where is a good place between Barrie & Orillia to park & unload my sled

cheers 

trail B from Apto to Orillia was not as good as the trails earlier today between Orillia and Elmvale via Midland.

Orillia to Midland = 7

Wyvale to Apto = 6

Apto to Orillia = 5

Still a nice day to get out for 90 miles or so. Saw about 15 sleds in total, most of them between Orillia and Midland.

Still a good base even after this week's warm up. All we need is more wintry weather.

1 hour ago, chez-nous cest skidoo said:

Not bad considering !... thanks so much for sharing

where is a good place between Barrie & Orillia to park & unload my sled

cheers 

I would drive to Orillia if I were you and unload at the plowed parking lot at the intersection of Division Road and Carlyon.

Leave Highway 11 at West Street, exit 135.

Here's a map.

parking.jpg

3 hours ago, Blake G said:

I would drive to Orillia if I were you and unload at the plowed parking lot at the intersection of Division Road and Carlyon.

Leave Highway 11 at West Street, exit 135.

Here's a map.

parking.jpg

Thank you Blake, think well head up this weekend

cheers

You're welcome.

I'm sure you know that sled traffic often wears out the trails by Saturday afternoon....especially the main routes....

Have fun.

25 minutes ago, Blake G said:

You're welcome.

I'm sure you know that sled traffic often wears out the trails by Saturday afternoon....especially the main routes....

Have fun.

Blake G,... if you had your choice, Orillia or Fenelon Falls for riding tomorrow ?

Pretty hard to give a correct answer, as it depends what you're wanting to do, and how far you want to ride. Conditions can change really fast wherever you go, due to traffic and weather.

I haven't been in Fenelon Falls since the middle of last week and it was very good then, better than Orillia was at that time.

I rode out of Orillia today and was quite happy. Without having all information, and to give my opinion...since you asked...I would suggest Orillia over Fenelon tomorrow, unless it is a longer drive for you. More open trail options and variety out of Orillia, I think. If you're unfamiliar with the area, take a look at map below, showing gas station locations. The larger blue circle, Apto Esso, might be a key location even though it's technically not on an OFSC trail. This link has more discussion about gas in the area:

I predict if you were to ride out of the Division Road lot by 9, and head west on B105C, the trail would still be good. If the rail bed is working for you, proceed to Midland area. If the rail bed is bumpy (unlike today) you could try taking 200 out of Coldwater, then B205C. If you end up looping back to Orillia from the south, I would suggest avoiding the blue circled area of B Trail, which I rode this afternoon. It is fine on days with lots of snow, but there's a fair bit of road running, and today the blue circled section was a little to raspy for my liking.

Ride safely, and please let us know how it goes.

avoid.jpg

gas locations 20161226 c.jpg

Thanks for your input Blake G ! ... I opted to give Fenelon Falls area again as we were planning to go north if Barrie tomorrow.

I unloaded at the Superior Rd. staging area, there were quite a few trailers but still plenty of room for everyone, we headed north up to Kinmount, i found the trails to be smoother & faster than i anticipated, 8/10 IMHO. Then we headed south to Lindsay, trails south of Fenelon Falls were a little icy in some spots, & only two small areas had been washed out somewhat from than rain on tuesday, however trails still totally rideable IMHO, ... without a doubt an awesome time was had considering our recent weather. .. :D

If anyone wants meet up either in Orillia or Fenelon Falls tomorrow, let me know as my riding partner bailed on me

cheers

mike

Archived