Heading to Quebec for three days.

ZR SLEDHEAD

Make sure you take a dip in the water at Meekos.  LOL

Been to the area a few times, one of my fav places to ride. Will post pics next week. Hard parts gonna be actually getting in the truck to come home after day three. Good thing my brothers driving and absolutely has to be home, suspect my truck "would not start" n we'd need to stay for a few more days.. LOL

Pulled into Lac Des Ecorces early Monday afternoon, unloaded n went for a 100 mile tour up and around Devils mountain, trails spectacular. Woke up to chilly temps Tues n got an early start. Pointed east on the railbed then turned north for a loop up to St Ann Du Lac for breakie / lunch before taking a club trail (with several inches of virgin undisturbed powder) north then looped back down 63/53 to the motel totalling 300 miles of pure bliss. Except for the small trail in and out of the motel itself, hard to imagine we hit a dozen bumps all day. Area saw heavy snow and some rain overnight Tuesday which produced 8" plus of wet n heavy. Took rail line to Le Assention for breakfast then took an absolute virgin club trail with a foot plus of wet snow for 30 or so miles of the trip back. OMG that was the most fun I've have in a very long, worn the hell out from the effort it too to avoid being stuck (short track sleds still did well). Rounded the day off at just over 100 miles before packing up and heading home. When we departed, temps in the plus five range with a little bit of light rain. Amazing how fast the snow was starting to settle.

Great ride, well worth the trip. All in, did not pass more than a dozen sleds in the 500 miles we road.

Also happy with the new sled. Cruising fast but rolling in and out of the throttle in the corners, sled produced a hair over 18mpg. Not bad for an 800 two smoker.

Archived