Where to stay in Bancroft / Cardiff / Gilmour area

sledjunk

After last weekend's ride, I am looking to go back to the Bancroft area this weekend.

I have stayed at Bancroft Motor Inn and Algonquin Lodge in the past but was thinking of Cardiff or Gilmour area. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking about Paudash Lake Motel but I don't know anything about the place. :wtf:

Thanks for the help

SJ. We had a great time at the PineCliff which is just north of Combermere. Excellant accommadations and right off the trail. The only issue (and it's a minor one) was getting from our cottage, through the lot to the trail (about 300yds) Easily fixed by running the banks or out and around the office.

Nothing in Cardiff & if you check my motel list, I think the Gilmour area only has a couple of B & Bs. I think Beaver Creek Resort might be a bit "upscale" for sledders.

I don't know how the Combermere are fared for snow last night, but there is road running on E109 south of town & 168 west of town (couple of miles) that was nasty on Sunday.

Thanks revrnd.

I had checked your list and not found anything obvious for the area, but I am not really familiar with all of the little towns in the area.

We were thinking of Limerick Lake Lodge as Moosifer has stayed there for the rally. I will call them today to see what trail access is like.

We were thinking of Limerick Lake Lodge as Moosifer has stayed there for the rally. I will call them today to see what trail access is like.

The trails should be good, I was over by Trudy's & Steenburg/Dickey lakes before I headed to Combermere Sunday. Lots of snow cover & 1 of the SW member that lives west of there said they got dumped on last night.

The trails should be good, I was over by Trudy's & Steenburg/Dickey lakes before I headed to Combermere Sunday. Lots of snow cover & 1 of the SW member that lives west of there said they got dumped on last night.

Doesn't sound like the lodge is open so we are heading -2- Parry Sound to join the others. Maybe we'll be back up there next weekend.

This area is about a day's ride from Pontypool.

There's a bit of a plowed area right in Gilmour (off Hwy 62) TOP E trail goes right thru it.

Archived