Ideas for short trip with 74yr old mother

Farmerboy

I got my exposure to snowmobiling as a kid when my parents would take myself, my brother and sister out on rides with a 399 Olympic towing a caboose and a 333 Olympic  Eventually getting old enough to drive those machines myself. I got back into the sport 6 years ago, now have two machines and enjoy trips with my kids on the great trail system we have. 

That said, my 74 year mother would like to go for a ride after an almost 40 year hiatus. Awesome 

I live near Uxbridge and will travel a few hours but looking for ideas where I can take her for a short ride (35-50km)

The ideal situation is a secondary trail (less traffic) but scenic (not just fields) and could include a place to stop for lunch together 

Any ideas?

Thanks

That is awesome. I took my mother out in 1998. She was ONLY 57. But she injured her back and neck the next summer and hasn't been able to go on a sled ever since due to her injury. Kind of sucks. I just wish I took some pics of that weekend we had. The last time she rode a sled prior to that was 1971. She was so amazed with the trail system, the sleds and people. She still talks about it today. Be safe and enjoy. Make sure you get a lot of pictures!!

By the way I grew up farming in Uxbridge too

[/quote

Now that is Wild!

Wildbill

Grew up east of Uxbridge on Hwy 12 (north of Greenbank) and now live west of Uxbridge (south of Sanford)

Sure if we threw a few names around we'd know a few common folks.....small world

Thanks for the offer

Wildbill

Grew up east of Uxbridge on Hwy 12 (north of Greenbank) and now live west of Uxbridge (south of Sanford)

Sure if we threw a few names around we'd know a few common folks.....small world

Thanks for the offer

I know some friends in the Leaksdale area that sled. My main contact in the area is a Luddite that has no computer or cell phone. Rides a '08 Apex, that may have something to do w/ it.

Archived