E TRAIL / E101 TRAIL JUST UP FROM DENBIGH

Diceman

is anyone familair with this intersection...its just outside of Denbigh up from Scotts store on hwy 41...you run Ashby rd abit and then where Asby rd turns right you continue on Smith Lake Rd...maybe 5 k later you come to the intersection of E TRAIL and E 101...there is a hunting camp at this intersection....if then shows e 101 going down and then you can go on 1003 or 1004....we want to go left on 1003 and then eventually get back onto the e trail and try to loop back around to Scotts store.also been told that by taking the e 101 trail we could go towards Cloyne.....wanting to know if thats possible on an atv?..sure do not want to tresspass anywhere...any info would be great...Diceman....

http://ofsc.mapbase.ca/viewer/

You can do it. Take the 1003 back to 41 which will have you at Browns Camp. Cross the bridge (top of Mazinaw) and then you run 1002 back to the E. You go left, run about 1km then hang a right at the next intersection. That trail will run you back to Scott's.

Assuming you'll have a GPS or sled map, you'll be fine.

No issues with trespassing.

I "think" if you went straight at the hunt camp you'd run into closed land.

Lotsa good running around there!

Thanks for reply....have you done this route on an atv?...if so how long are you guessing it would take?..earlier this year when we got to Scotts Store from Denbigh on the e trail , instead of going up Ahsby Lk rd we crossed 41 and continued to follow e trail on Redord Rd...for maybe 1 k but when e trail went into trail on the left  there were a couple of  atvs signs posted saying no atvs allowed.......I am guessing this is where the e trail comes out if we went the way you gave me??..someone told us you just need to do around by going to end of the rd, turn left on hwy 41 and go back into trail then...we could not find anywhere to go back in to catch trail...."??..Thanks Diceman

Thanks for reply....have you done this route on an atv?...if so how long are you guessing it would take?..earlier this year when we got to Scotts Store from Denbigh on the e trail , instead of going up Ahsby Lk rd we crossed 41 and continued to follow e trail on Redord Rd...for maybe 1 k but when e trail went into trail on the left  there were a couple of  atvs signs posted saying no atvs allowed.......I am guessing this is where the e trail comes out if we went the way you gave me??..someone told us you just need to do around by going to end of the rd, turn left on hwy 41 and go back into trail then...we could not find anywhere to go back in to catch trail...."??..Thanks Diceman

I used to have a trailer at Browns Camp.   I've ridden all over up there. 

From Scott's down to Brown's camp at a decent pace with some stops would be about 90 mins or so.  There's so many other spots though, we used to turn it into 2-2 1/2 hrs. 

If you go East from Scott's there's a little path on the left that takes you past a hunt camp that turns into the E.  If you go the way you originally asked about, it's all Crown.

There's a trail that runs South of Cloyne West on the Hydro Corridor (see pics) all the way to almost Weslekoom.  You'd need GPS though, as I think you'd get onto Private Land. 

There's a couple of MNR Airstrips too. (see pics)  One on the East side of 41 just North of Brown's, and one on the West that takes you towards Weslekoom. 

Most of the OFSC trails are all doable north, East and West of Bon Echo. 

You have to run 41 from above Bon Echo, down to Skootamata Rd.  There's gates at the North end of the park. 

Just follow the OFSC trails, and you'll be fine, and have a GPS. 

Lotsa good trails in that area.  Hard to get lost too.  Most in that area will eventually get you back to 41. 

North of Scott's, there's a run to McArthur's Mill, but I've never done it.  Some private land closer to Denbigh

Long ride from Brown's.

post-21366-0-34426200-1413070698_thumb.jpg

post-21366-0-06484500-1413070730_thumb.jpg

post-21366-0-09559500-1413070923_thumb.jpg

thanks alot..one thing , what rd is the little path off of that by passes the camp?..so at Scotts store do we cross 41 onto Redford rd or is the little path off 41?.. .Thanks

Yeah, cross 41 onto Redford.  It's about 1/2km (or less) on the left hand side. 

Now...it's been 5yrs since I've ATV'd there, but I don't think things have changed that much.

thanks alot..one thing , what rd is the little path off of that by passes the camp?..so at Scotts store do we cross 41 onto Redford rd or is the little path off 41?.. .Thanks

Top of the picture is Scott's.  You can see how the E runs SE down to the first split.  If you hang a RIGHT there, it will bring you past the MNR Airstrip which is a left off that trail/road, then across 41 and to the 1003/1009. 

If you go LEFT off of the E, you go about 1km and turn RIGHT onto the 1002.  That'll take you to 41 past Brown's Camp.  Either way, you cross 41.

If you miss the 1002, you'll head East, but have to turn back eventually. 

You can get to the E101 and run all the way back NW to Scott's. 

post-21366-0-23337400-1413109499_thumb.jpg

sounds good....I will look for that trail...I know once you cross 41 at Scotts store the e trail is about .5 k down on the left so guessing that little trail if it is still there would be alittle before it...is that hunt camp on private property and thats why there is a little trail around it?..really appreciate the info

Last time I was thru there (5yrs) you could drive right by the camp onto the E trail.  Not sure if it's private or not? 

We never stopped there, as we weren't sure. 

sounds good....I will look for that trail...I know once you cross 41 at Scott's store the e trail is about .5 k down on the left so guessing that little trail if it is still there would be a little before it...is that hunt camp on private property and that's why there is a little trail around it?..really appreciate the info

well that rd to that camp is where the no atv signs are....not sure if its gated on the other side or not....that was my concern...if we go the other way like I originally said was afraid we would maybe hit a gate or some angry camp owners when we came out there coming back around to Scotts store...Diceman

There's a couple of MNR Airstrips too. (see pics)  One on the East side of 41 just North of Brown's, and one on the West that takes you towards Weslekoom. 

Thanks for  the pictures, have seen the signs pointing to that airstrip before, but have never been able to really figure out where it is, easy to figure out with no snow :right_on:  

That strip is actually off of the Forest Access Rd on the EAST side of 41.  It's actually OFSC MP1009. 

The other Airstrip is WEST of 41, and I'm not 100% sure what OFSC trail it's on???   

Thanks for  the pictures, have seen the signs pointing to that airstrip before, but have never been able to really figure out where it is, easy to figure out with no snow :right_on:  

The one west of 41 is off MP1009 as well, just after it crossed 41, the trail doesn't actually run the airstrip just goes by the access road, saw the sign last year for it. It's some big astronomy sight as well. Because it's listed as one of the darkest open field places in Ontario.

I used to have a trailer at Browns Camp.   I've ridden all over up there. 

From Scott's down to Brown's camp at a decent pace with some stops would be about 90 mins or so.  There's so many other spots though, we used to turn it into 2-2 1/2 hrs. 

If you go East from Scott's there's a little path on the left that takes you past a hunt camp that turns into the E.  If you go the way you originally asked about, it's all Crown.

There's a trail that runs South of Cloyne West on the Hydro Corridor (see pics) all the way to almost Weslekoom.  You'd need GPS though, as I think you'd get onto Private Land. 

Most of the OFSC trails are all doable north, East and West of Bon Echo. 

You have to run 41 from above Bon Echo, down to Skootamata Rd.  There's gates at the North end of the park. 

Just follow the OFSC trails, and you'll be fine, and have a GPS. 

Lotsa good trails in that area.  Hard to get lost too.  Most in that area will eventually get you back to 41. 

North of Scott's, there's a run to McArthur's Mill, but I've never done it.  Some private land closer to Denbigh

Long ride from Brown's.

Is the tarmac airstrip pictured w/ the ATVs the strip located near Silva Lake where the Mazinaw & Old Hastings clubs meet?

Not sure if it's where the clubs "meet" but it's just off of 41 on the East side about 2kms in.  The trail goes right by an access road that you turn onto and it goes uphill to the airstrip. 

Is the tarmac airstrip pictured w/ the ATVs the strip located near Silva Lake where the Mazinaw & Old Hastings clubs meet?

Not sure if it's where the clubs "meet" but it's just off of 41 on the East side about 2kms in.  The trail goes right by an access road that you turn onto and it goes uphill to the airstrip. 

OK, the one I'm talking about is several miles west of 41 (closer to Hwy 62) near the hamlets of Gunter & Gilmour. Not too far from Nimrod's neck of the woods.

Just surprised to see a hard surface airstrip in that area. Looks better than the airstrip east of Cloyne beside Hwy 509. LOL

Archived