1.6" Ice Cobra Track

yamaha06

Does anyone have one of these tracks?  I was thinking of getting one but didn't know how they perform.  The new Viper has a 1.25" Ripsaw 2 track on it right now but thought it would be nice to have something with a deeper lug for when I feel like messing around off trail.  All my other tracks on my sleds have been studded, so the hook up was good.  I was just wondering what the performance would be like of this track, I know it won't hook up as good as studs but I just wan't something safe just in case you hit an icy spot on the trail.  How do the 1.6" paddles hold up on hard packed/groomed trails or low snow conditions.

Thanks

It works well in snow but on ice you are going for a ride you can stud it but 1.750 studs have a lot of leverage to pull out Camoplast is making some deeper lug ice tech tracks now using the Cobra pattern 

Ya that's the only thing I don't like about studding a track, worrying about one pulling through and going through the heat exchanger.  I tried looking on the camoplast website but couldn't find anything on the deeper lug ice tech tracks.  The 1.6" Ice Cobra track I am talking about does have the studs in the lugs.

Sorry I missed the word ice yes these do provide a good trail riding traction for moderate level braking and acceleration this means of studding a track is not high performance studding and will let you down in a drag race on glare ice but it has proven very durable and does work for braking steering and moderate acceleration on ice we sell a pile of the ice tech tracks no issues 

Ya that's the only thing I don't like about studding a track, worrying about one pulling through and going through the heat exchanger.  I tried looking on the camoplast website but couldn't find anything on the deeper lug ice tech tracks.  The 1.6" Ice Cobra track I am talking about does have the studs in the lugs.

I've had that happen twice on my sled, once through the heat exchanger and once through the cross pipe in the back.  Switched to a pre-studded, hopefully won't have to deal with that anymore.

I've had that happen twice on my sled, once through the heat exchanger and once through the cross pipe in the back.  Switched to a pre-studded, hopefully won't have to deal with that anymore.

I haven't done that yet!!  I just picked up the 1.6" Ice Cobra today, I hope it was worth the money, and holds up on the road running and low snow conditions, I don't want to be breaking lugs off..

I haven't done that yet!!  I just picked up the 1.6" Ice Cobra today, I hope it was worth the money, and holds up on the road running and low snow conditions, I don't want to be breaking lugs off..

That is one high track. Male sure you get good slides too or you will wear them out every 1,000 Km's.

I don't think it will be to bad, the track also came fully clipped so that will definitely help!

Archived