Distribution of equalization funds within Districts

Blake G

Will the OFSC be following through with their promise to provide "guidelines" for the sharing of equalization money within Districts?

Should Districts distribute an identical amount to each of the clubs within the district, or should the money be shared in varying amounts according to some measure such as "hours groomed" or "kilometres of trails" or "permits sold" for each club?

I believe these questions have been asked before, but not answered.

Brian, just to clarify, Are you saying equal amounts would be appropriate, or not appropriate? Equal total amounts per club, or equal amounts per grooming hour, per kilometer of trail, per permit sold, etc.?

OK. I believe I understand what you are saying - - If a District were to distribute the same size equalization payment to each club, the clubs with more trails and/or higher grooming hours would find themselves in an untenable financial position.

I would be very curious about what is ACTUALLY happening in each of the Districts.....

Who could ever justify an equal amount to each Club within a District?

That would be tough pill to swallow for the hard working clubs within each district, that provide stealler trails and signage. There is reason some clubs sell allot more permits then neighbouring clubs. Use Tall pines as steller club example!

I am concerned that WITHOUT GUIDELINES, some Districts might be inclined to distribute the OFSC Equalization money equally, which may not be fair.

I believe the Framework For Change was "supposed" to include GUIDELINES to explain how Districts were to distribute the money, but as far as I know, no guidance has been provided.

Some clubs are probably being short changed by their District....

I am concerned that WITHOUT GUIDELINES, some Districts might be inclined to distribute the OFSC Equalization money equally, which may not be fair.

I believe the Framework For Change was "supposed" to include GUIDELINES to explain how Districts were to distribute the money, but as far as I know, no guidance has been provided.

Some clubs are probably being short changed by their District....

I suspect Blake is on to something. Obviously all clubs need money to function. There is lots of variables too to consider as well. We need another good winter to keep momentum going.

The Clubs within the District determine the policy for distributing the funds received from OFSC over and above the 30% share of the permit revenue which each Club is guaranteed.

In our a District, we have agreed to fund all Club's fuel and an hourly rate for each hour they groom.

That sounds like a fair policy.

Archived