#204 off Lake Couchiching?

Turbo Burgo

We were down that way the last 2 weekends. Was planning on using the portion of 204 that goes to the lake but it was showing red on the on-line map so we didn't use it. When we were heading south on the land portion of 204 from trail 15 the portion of 204 that splits off and heads toward Couch. actually had a red Trail Closed sign on it.

The trail which runs to the south end of Couchiching would be brutal IMO. Too much road running. It has shown red all season therefore I passed on it. Yet the actual trail #204 off the rail bed to trail #4 is SUPERB. We ran it again this Wednesday and Thursday. That 204 is one of my favourites. And the guys who are looking after trail #4 for Snowcrest booth west and east of Hwy#11 have done an awesome job!!!

Yes I agree the 204 running north of the rail bed to trail #4 is suberb. I wanted to try running to the north end of lake couchiching and taking the trail 204 that runs west. I tried it on Wednesday and it had good snow coverage along the side of the road. I just wanted to share this information. There was no sign saying trail closed.

I assume you are referring to Trail 204 from the Uhthoff Rail Line, and not the trail that runs all along South Sparrow Lake Road from the north end of Couchiching?

I took the 204 along south sparrow lake road.

Yes I agree the 204 running north of the rail bed to trail #4 is suberb. I wanted to try running to the north end of lake couchiching and taking the trail 204 that runs west. I tried it on Wednesday and it had good snow coverage along the side of the road. I just wanted to share this information. There was no sign saying trail closed.

That is good and interesting.  I used it last year.  Good post of info.  Wonder why it has been red all along the season than.  

Archived