Wawa info

FINNDIAN

I think I may ride the north d trial from wawa to dubreuilville tonight, I'll give a report on how it looks, I think it should be ok. Some of the creeks got running though so you never know where there might be a suprise waiting around a corner. At least Wawa and Hawk lake will be smoother now, they were really drifted and bumpy

Started a new thread on this one.

I rode last night trail wasn't really affected by the warm weather, there was about 3 or 4 inches of fresh snow on top, so i groomed towards wawa from hawk junction and the groomer went to meet dubreuilvilles trail today, waiting for word from Big Reg but we should be good going that way and once the groomer makes a pass south to halfway haven we should be able to post the south D as open too.

I just got back from th warm up shack an hour ago, trail look good.

Pat will go groom it tomorrow morning, so we are going to re-open the trail.

here a few pic's

about 4 miles before you get in town

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

at the warm up shack

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

Jonesy, I take it wawa lake is good to go then??? How about the magpie??

We've been crossing wawa lake for a while now. we only staked it last weekend though. We have to do everything on the very safe side, as far as lakes and calling trails "officially" open.

Big Reg was going to check the magpie when he has time, our trail is groomed up to there now though and we have road access for the time being.

I just got back from th warm up shack an hour ago, trail look good.

Pat will go groom it tomorrow morning, so we are going to re-open the trail

thanks Reg, more snow again last night and today, the warm weather did us all good, no bad, should make the trails last a lot later in the season.

Sault Ste Marie got 8 inches snow last night, it is slowing down now at 11:am Friday at -5 C , East of Sault got 4 inches , north I am not sure how far snow went but radar history shows it went quite far towards Wawa and inland .

With Lake Superior not close to Freezing (major areas ) then this Sault to Wawa corridor might get big dumps over next month.

jake

Did SSM and Searchmont loose everything in the warmup? They were well on their way to opening. I am hoping to ride the SSM/Searchmont loop before the end of January.

The Warm weather helped the trails the base is rock solid, Like Gord said it will help make the season longer. And with the new on top at that the trails will be great.

Hey Gord, I groomed that trail wide side to side for you guys so your good for one drag 1/2 up to 2 full drag wide in many spots, you must of have notice that lol One thing, there was a crap load of snow out there. lol

Come on guys, run the berm down the middle this year! Talk about fast and smooth. One way trails! We have a couple spots here in Michigan where we do it. It's incredible how flat they stay due to half the traffic, especially the corners.

Hey Gord, I groomed that trail wide side to side for you guys so your good for one drag 1/2 up to 2 full drag wide in many spots, you must of have notice that lol One thing, there was a crap load of snow out there. lol

yeah definately no shortage of snow up there. to bad no one is riding on it that trail is awesome.

thanks again for the groom job, i left the berm in the middle in some spots. Don't like to do it unless there is lots of straight stretch though, just makes everyone go faster and then as soon as the divider goes away in the narrower corner everyone cuts into the inside no matter how wide it is. Always amazes me when i'm in the groomer, you ussually can't tell what direction people are riding if you just look at the corners. I guess people are just used to never meeting anyone lol

Good grief - we only ever meet others in corners! Who are you kid'n?

One time we came up on a group and the lest few sleds were MIA. The further we went w/o finding them the slower we went - knowing full well their playing "catch-up" eh? There were a few sharp corners we danged near stopped at and broke our necks to see around first. (Trails + daylight = danger!)

Good thing we stay away from those situations as much as possible!

BTW - they were not running wild when we did actually come acrost them either, but I would not say that is the norm.

Archived