Calabogie lodging

Empty Pockets

couple of questions. Want to introduce son in law to sledding trails, ofsc does not have link to free weekend pass, where to apply? Have borrowed sled with tag and insurance. Thinking of taking him for 2 day trip, leaving Sydenham, north on 101, then thru Sharbot lake to Calabogie day 1, where to stay in this area? back to Sydenham thru Cloyne, day 2. Have never rode district 1 & 2, but map looks interesting. Is this too much for first time intro? I am comfortable with 200 click days, enjoying the trails and views, ie not in a hurry. Accomodation guide shows several, any recomendation for 2 guys, after dinner beverage appreciated, in this area? Know it is gettting late for booking, any help appreciated.  

Keep checking.  The link should be up soon. (tomorrow)

In calabogie the golf course is a really nice place to stay although a little bit more money.  I have stayed there a number of times.

http://www.calabogieexperience.com/dining-and-lodging/suites/one-bedroom-suite/

I've had friends that stayed at Jockos and they were happy.

http://www.jockosbeach.com/

I have stayed at the calabogie motor inn and would not stay there again.

As for food and drink, Shooters is the place to go.  Good bar food, cold beer, and very sled friendly.

I have stayed at the calabogie motor inn and would not stay there again.

Any particular reason why?

Talking to a guy last week. He was riding from Chandos to Calabogie w/ some friends & staying @ the Peaks there.

I seem to be having quoting problems for some reason, trying to quote the revrnd, anyhow....

As for the motor inn, we showed up before the checkin time and were chewed out by the front deck person (owner?) for showing up early.  Not a problem, we were only hoping to drop off the luggage and go for lunch anyway.  Then when we did check in, the room had inflated $15 from what I was quoted on the phone.  The room was old, had stained carpets, and the bathroom was very industrial.  If it was a $60-80 room it would be okay for a guys weekend but for 15-20 more (at the time) you could stay in luxury at the golf course. 

ps,  No, I don't own the golf course :lmao:

Archived