Havelock

Redfisher

We were there this past weekend. I do not think Havelock has the best trail system by a long shot. Understandable, Saturday was snowy but we were on some very snow covered trails. One of the biggest issues in this area is the lack of places to eat and get gas. In the town of Havelock, no problem. We went north - finally found a restaurant Uncle George's. Small but great food. Not sure that there was anything else between Havelock and Apsley. Watch on the lakes - very icy.

Not sure if the restaurant @ the marina on Kasshabog is open or not. Stoney Lake wasn't staked a week & a half ago, otherwise I'd send you down to Viamede.

We've gotten quite a bit of snow, so the lakes aren't the skating rinks they were after the thaw.

The marina on Kasshabog was closed (gas & restaurant). Viamede was also closed.  There's the "old" lady on the highway at the south end of Stoney that was open for gas - thank goodness for me.

A little late but there is gas and food at Anstruther  marina on weekends during snowmobile season,its west of Apsley trail goes to there door.

Good to know.  Thanks

Had a great weekend, Enough snow and little traffic made for some good runs, The 90 miles of rail line to Bancroft was a neat ride....My dooly's do not like crossing rail tracks.

Archived