Iris Lake trail open?

sledneck96

Hey Big Reg or GroomerGuy, or anyone else that might know. Is the Iris Lake trail open? Saw a "trail closed" sign this morning but wasn't sure.

Is Loop 3 open? Didn't see it marked off of the Magpie.

I love those trails, hope they're open.

Irisl ake trail is closed because the club had to make some cutbacks this year and there is a Bridge there that needs some work, its ok for sleds but we need to check it out. The ATV Club grooms it with a Drag they made, they have Winter atv trails in that area and took over the trail this winter. The ATV club says Sleds are welecomed on the trail.

Asnfor loop 3, we groomed it but, we did not have time to do it again...and the club is allmost out of money so we have to cut down on those trails, we want to keep the top trails in perfect shape.

Irisl ake trail is closed because the club had to make some cutbacks this year and there is a Bridge there that needs some work, its ok for sleds but we need to check it out. The ATV Club grooms it with a Drag they made, they have Winter atv trails in that area and took over the trail this winter. The ATV club says Sleds are welecomed on the trail.

Asnfor loop 3, we groomed it but, we did not have time to do it again...and the club is allmost out of money so we have to cut down on those trails, we want to keep the top trails in perfect shape.

The new reality doing less with less

I'm sure you've heard about that from the locals. "It's to far to stay on the D trail, plus I might get caught without a trail permit"

You're right Luc. The ATV club now knows what it is like to clean up the mess they cause. I'm sure a tracked ATV can't smooth out that trial like the groomers. They probably go through the rocky area better though.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm in Wawa right now and of course in and out of Dub everyday. I was guessing it was a budget issue. I will be heading into Dub for breakfast tomorrow morning (taking the Iris Lake trail as long as the ATV'ers are okay with it) and then on to Hornpayne and back. I have been taking the D trail into town but find it to be the longest 10km of my life, although I have seen 7 moose and quite a few lynx in the past couple days on it.

Went to White River and back today, trails were pretty good. Trails from the halfway point to White River were very recently groomed and we were thankfull for it.

Thanks again

Archived