Mary Lake Update

capster59

I see on OFSC says it still closed. Did staking get done or delayed doe to warm spell?

Not staked yet due to the heavy snow/slush last week then this week work on culvert.  It has been run across for over 2 weeks now with the gate open, and I believe now that the slush ontop has frozen solid it should get staked by this weekend after the culvert is done.

check their site for updates:  http://www.hgrsnowmobileclub.on.ca/conditions.html

Dan

I see on OFSC says it still closed. Did staking get done or delayed doe to warm spell?

This is from yesterday. No stake line.

post-22473-0-77664500-1389820738_thumb.jpg

Near the shore I checked the skimmed over slush and the ice skim was very thin at that time. About one cm.

post-22473-0-55702600-1389820798_thumb.jpg

Great Pics Blake!

That is the west side of the lake where the trail comes on, right there it is only a foot or so deep for a ways outward as I waterski around that area alot and the sand bar goes way out there.   Wherever its shallow like this the snow/slush did not water up "flat" like an ice rink. Its similar all along my shore here at the north end of lake.  But as soon as you get out further its flat and basically like a perfect skating rink.  

Things should be solid and perfect tomorrow...ill try to upload some pics too.

Dan

Great Pics Blake!

That is the west side of the lake where the trail comes on, right there it is only a foot or so deep for a ways outward as I waterski around that area alot and the sand bar goes way out there.   Wherever its shallow like this the snow/slush did not water up "flat" like an ice rink. Its similar all along my shore here at the north end of lake.  But as soon as you get out further its flat and basically like a perfect skating rink.  

Things should be solid and perfect tomorrow...ill try to upload some pics too.

Dan

CANT WAIT!

Archived