Best place to stay in Haliburton area

reinhart4

Looking to take the sleds to the haliburton forest trails, unfortunalty all rooms are booked at the resort but wondering if anyone has anyother sugegestions in the area , next best thing i have seen is staying at the pinestone resort, any suggestions would be great

What are you looking for? Self sufficient cabin, hotel type accommodation, lodge? Lots of options if you could narrow down your preferences.

Looking for a hotel type accommodations, somewhere we could catch the trail right from the hotel . Called pinestone and they are filling up fast, not sure how geared to snowmobilers and parking as we would have a 20ft trailer to park , any idea what it's like and how close they are to trails?

Pinestone is right on the trail and has lots of parking available. Plus they have a restaurant/pub on site plus a pool.

Try Kennisis Lake Lodge.  We have stayed here in the past and it was quite comfortable.  

You could also try Sir Sams Inn. Its closer to the forest. The restaurant is quite good. More of a lodge style.

Try Kennisis Lake Lodge.  We have stayed here in the past and it was quite comfortable.  

X2

We stayed there twice back in the 80s. Not too far from the Forest.

Both Pinestone and Sir Sams support HCSA. Both good establishments and we should support those that support us.

X2

We stayed there twice back in the 80s. Not too far from the Forest.

Across the road from the HF trails.

X 2 on either Sir Sams or Pinestone.

Both great for guys sled weekend or family sledding weekend

Thanks for the suggestions, I think we are going to book at pinestone

Thanks for all the suggestions , I think we are going to book at pinestone

Be aware that there is a fair bit of riding between Pinestone & The Forest. Are you planning more than 1 day of riding in the Forest?

We will have 4 days of sledding and if the forest is not fully booked we are planning on riding there for a day and then rest on ofsc trails

OK. I thought if you were planning on riding back & forth to the Forest on the same route, you might not be too thrilled (anytime I've been thru that area it's been rough).

Archived