Lakes of Bays post thaw (post mortem) update?

aar0n

Hi ,

just looking for an update on the Lake of Bays area after the rain and heat. How sloppy did things get? How busy were trails? How are lakes? 

Thanks 

Just as I suspected. Emailed Don at Tower Hill and I quote "very messy" :(

for sure, but will be better than ever because of the rain and warm, that is as soon as it gets well below zero for a few days. We here in sudbury had alot of slush on the lakes and now with the rain when they get solid again the slush will all be gone and the rest of the year the ice will be great.; Best thing that could have happened here was the mini thaw.

for sure, but will be better than ever because of the rain and warm, that is as soon as it gets well below zero for a few days. We here in sudbury had alot of slush on the lakes and now with the rain when they get solid again the slush will all be gone and the rest of the year the ice will be great.; Best thing that could have happened here was the mini thaw.

I couldn't agree more with your lake statement. But he is straight up and when he says "very messy" it probably means more than the lakes will be great after everything refreezes. Wish MSR closed the damn trails 

Snow stick was at 95 and now at 65. 3' packet down to 2'. Still lots of snow!

Archived