Time to Update the Website

revrnd

This is from the Kingsway Motel in Thunder Bay website:

post-19781-0-06227200-1389127286_thumb.jpg

I didn't know they had a website from the 70s.

They were ahead of their time. :lol:

Revrnd,

We checked out your site and would like to give you some updates on the status of some tourist outfitters in our area.

Under Elk Lake: Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge - not open in the winter.

Golden Eagle Camp - would like to be listed under Matachewan because it is closer to their place.

Under Matachewan: Camp Matachewan - is no longer, they sold to a mining company a few years back.

Hope this helps.

Under Matachewan: Camp Matachewan - is no longer, they sold to a mining company a few years back.

Hope this helps. 

Yes it does, thanks.

Is the mining company using it for accommodations or was the property needed for mining operations? I had read that there's quite a project going on reopening 1 of the historic properties in the area. I should check that area out some time in the summer. The last time I drove thru there was back in the 90s.

Yes it does, thanks.

Is the mining company using it for accommodations or was the property needed for mining operations? I had read that there's quite a project going on reopening 1 of the historic properties in the area. I should check that area out some time in the summer. The last time I drove thru there was back in the 90s.

I'm not sure about the camp but I think they use it for their own staff accommodations.  The AuRico gold mine is in production mining and milling surface deposits and has started pulling ore from underground.  I was project manager building the leach tank farm and leach building a couple years ago, nice $10.9M project for me.  We are still involved in the expansion and ongoing modifications to the mill.

The local economy (Matachewan and Kirkland Lake) has definitely benefitted from all this activity.

If you visit during the summer, take your motorcycle.  They upgraded the road in from KL and it's a blast to drive.

If you visit during the summer, take your motorcycle.  They upgraded the road in from KL and it's a blast to drive.

I was almost to Matach' in 2012. I was as far west as the Chief Lake Rd. We planted trees in that area back in '79.

Archived