Crickets....

Circuit

Since this is the "official" forum for our club I'd like to know where everyone is?

Is there somewhere else to get information on trail conditions and general "what's going on" in our area for out favourite sport? (I don't mean the once a day updated OFSC interactive trail map. I mean eyes on people who have been out there.)

Yup, lotsa crickets for a while now, hasn't been much to report over the last couple years, but I have been bad about keeping this forum up.  This isn't the "official" club forum, the gang here at OC were kind enough to let me set this up so we , or anyone, can post info, trail reports etc. The OFSC determines what the club can post about trail conditions(available, limited or unavailable) so this is all just casual info. Ive held a few jobs in the club but am now just down to the web guy, so I count on others for info a lot.

So unofficially heres what I saw today, groomers are out and going strong but the trails are drifting right in behind them, makes for rough conditions today, but the good part is they are filling in and will have lots of snow to smooth out once the wind goes down. As far as opening, I know they are working hard to get things in shape and make sure the signage is up to snuff so they can open some trails up, as soon as I hear something I,ll post it here.....unless Im out riding!

If you are a facebooker, there seems to be activity over there and feel free to post you own trail reports, groomer sightings etc here or there.

Cheers, Todd

I am the coordinator for 1 of our 2 groomers, we have 70+ hours on the case, between pregrooming and packing/grooming. We are having a hard time building a base, so many sleds riding the closed trails, the snow doesn't get a chance to set up. Today isn't to bad, must be to cold for people to be sledding and the trail is setting up nice. Hopefully the wind will drop down and we can get everything cleaned up and open some trails up. Sleds riding closed trails when we are trying to build a base just slows the processs, it happens every year, so we are used to it. Signage is pretty decent, just need to put some stakes back up that fell over when we had a few warm days there. That is all I have for you.

Many of us can relate to the same problem Wildman.  I seriously hope these riders don't jeopardize any relationships with landowners or there won't even be any unavailable trails.

I often ride your trails as they are easy to get to from where I live or even a lengthy ride from my clubhouse (Science Hill in St. Mary's)  

I will look forward to any posts here.  I have a mobile home at Ipperwash.  Its all closed for the season but I could probably dig out the front door to get access to a roof over my head.   I cant see any official OFSC trails but maybe Wildman, you could suggest the least plowed or most drifted or even seasonally closed roads if you know of any. 

I bet Pineridge is experiencing the same problems with wind, but once things settle and now that Strathroy is limited all the trails will soon connect.   I can't wait.  

Not to be a Debby downer, but I'm praying the forecast from Sat to Thurs doesn't ruin what mother nature has provided.  She can be so fickle.  Even more so than my wife.  Its tough being a sledder down here. 

(Is Jo still your club president now that she is district prez?)    

A little warm up and and refreeze may just help with the base.

Londoncalling, if I ever get my laptop up I could use backroad maps to draw out a route, we have some trails us locals use to get to the beach, we go through the bush at the back of the golf course. Are you on center road? Or what park?

Jo is not very active in the club, she does attend some meetings, a freind holds a position with the club so she is still around. I get lots of info from Jo, if I need an answer I get it or am told how to get it, a very knowledgeable person for sure.

Thanks for the replies. I went out Tuesday but as was stated before, it was windy and drifting in behind the groomer. It was still fun. Hope this rain only serves to pack what we have and doesn't get rid of it.

You hear different stories about riding closed trails. I usually stay off of them until they are at least listed yellow. I'm in Sarnia and trailer my sleds out to a friend's place near Forest or farther so information helps.

The field we use to get to the trails was deep and fun.

Archived