D-9 Trail Report

COLD BEER

I am out touring the southern Ontario area (mostly district 9) and thought that I would give a trail report for anyone interested.

Yesterday we rode from Mount Forest to Singhampton for lunch, there was one to two feet of snow in the ground and the trails were groomed very well for early season conditions.

Then we headed over to Owensound for the night, again there was one to two feet of snow on the ground and the trails were groomed very well.

Thanks for posting this information.  Where are you going next on your tour?

We may head up to Tobormoray...depending on how the wife is feeling after her first ride of the season.

Thanks a bunch.  I rode Sauble to Meaford last Saturday.  It was mild but still good for the time of year.

I appreciate the update, as i often ride that area, but I'm really interested to hear what its like on the Bruce Peninsula since a portion of it opened almost two weeks ago and while I was in Sauble over the holidays, they received a decent snowfall before the melt last weekend.  I also saw some photos from the weather network of Miller Lake from Dec 19 of a guy blowing his driveway which was above his waist.  They avoided the ice storm and were calling for snowfall warning.  Not many people ride the Bruce, so I'm guessing there may be quite a bit of snow.  I do see on interactive that trails show green from Miller Lake to the Tub. 

Looking forward to your report for my next visit to the parents house in two weeks.   I will follow this link

Great info ...going to be riding up that way next weekend ..

Yesterday we rode from Owen Sound to Lion's Head for lunch, trails were good mostly fresh groomed, some drifting snow in places. There was about 2 feet of snow in the bush, less in the fields where the wind had blown it off.

After lunch we headed to Sauble Beach, trails were in good shape. We had to run up the shoulder of the Sauble Park Way to get around a section of B108 that was closed.

When we arived at Sauble we found out that there were no motels open for winter business so we headed to Port Elgin, trails were good all the way.

Hey Cold Beer that is some great info for everyone here.  Keep us updated and we will come your way soon.

Saturday we rode from Port Elgin to Kincarden and then to Fordwich for lunch, most of the trails were recently groomed but drifting snow had created quite few rough spots.

After lunch we headed back to mount forest to load up and head home, the trails had held up well to the increased traffic but the drifting snow had slowed us down a bit. We had to detour our route in the Mount Forest area due to a couple of closed trails, lets hope the club is able to get these important trails open.

It was a very good tour through District 9 for early January, largely due to the hard work of the various clubs, thanks.  :cheers:

Archived