Sled Sales '12-'13

Canuck

Stats from last year showed increased snowmobile sales in Canada (from 40,165 units in 2011-12 to 44,022 in 2012-13) .

What surprised many, however, was the jump in European and Russian sales (from 40,233 in the 2011-12 sales season to 52,043 in the 2012-13 season).

United States sales were relatively flat, dropping to 48,536 in 2012-2012 from 48,689 in the winter of 2011-12

As reported, " It marks the first time in history that worldwide snowmobile sales were led by overseas sales".

http://www.powersportsbusiness.com/top-stories/2013/06/11/snowmobile-sales-steady-in-u-s-rise-worldwide-in-2012-13/

In related news....

Polaris' Polish Production (say that 5 times  :D )

American manufacturer Polaris has announced their first production facility outside of the U.S., in Opole, Poland. Set for completion in February of 2014.

The planned annual production of 25,000 units will include quads and side-by-sides for markets in Russia, Europe and the Middle East.

http://www.cyclecanadaweb.com/articles/21754/?utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=cycle

My understanding is that Russia is a major target market for the oem's. It would be nice to see sled sales increase for all the oem's, wherever it may be.

That's what I was thinking - increased sled sales means better R & D and healthier OEM's.

Funny how they pull the bigger market in the US crap when it comes to the price difference between Canada and the States, when the sales difference is only 4% difference. :juggle:

Also i would bet Ski-Doo sells more sleds in Canada vs the USA

Yet as consumers we let them milk us :bowdown:

Good point, FB. No real reason for the price disparity.

As for Polish Powersport development, they've been leaders in R & D for some time....

post-19774-0-80339100-1380576386_thumb.jpg

Funny how they pull the bigger market in the US crap when it comes to the price difference between Canada and the States, when the sales difference is only 4% difference. :juggle:

Also i would bet Ski-Doo sells more sleds in Canada vs the USA

Yet as consumers we let them milk us :bowdown:

This Is the case with all most everything that Is made around the world. Let's charge Canada more cause we can. Trend has to end some day.

Archived