Gas Station in MacTier

revrnd

I'm updating my GPS files & seem to have a problem w/ the MacTier area. IIRC from my trip last summer, Alves Garage is only open as a garage nowadays. I also have a waypoint showing an Esso station @ the jct of Old Hwy 69 & Horseshoe Lake Rd. I don't seem to remember a station there. Can anyone familiar w/ the area clear things up? 

I'm updating my GPS files & seem to have a problem w/ the MacTier area. IIRC from my trip last summer, Alves Esso is only open as a garage. I also have a waypoint showing an Esso station @ the jct of Old Hwy 69 & Horseshoe Lake Rd. I don't seem to remember a station there. Can anyone familiar w/ the area clear things up? 

The waypoint for the Esso station at the intersection you note is outdated - Alves was an Esso station on Hwy 69 but closed, roughly at the same time that the Esso on the new highway '400' opened a few kms to the north. 

As for Mactier, I recall a Suny's south of town, on old Hwy 69, but since this topic is so impt, also want confirmation from someone with local knowledge that it's still open. The gas station(s) in the actual town of Mactier were closed the last time we rolled through. 

Good topic. Wouldn't mind getting a list of 'open' stations in this area since the 'new' Hwy 400 construction played havoc with some of the established outfits. 

At least one of the resorts on your Mactier list sold gas in years past. H and H out on Kapigog Lake. Great trails out that way, btw (thanks, WB). Here's revrnd's list/database of lodgings ---- an awesome resource.

http://www.sleddersworld.com/departments/ontarioDB/accommodations.php?order=m

Alves is auto service only gas is available at Petro can at the Seguin,Horseshoe lake camp and cottages , H and H resort on Kapicog lake and Sunys in Mactier. Gas is no longer available at Crossroads in Rosseau but is available at Seguin Marina but no official trail access and open water in front.

Guys, I've reworded my 1st post. I should've omitted Esso when describing Alves. I guess it has been a few years since it was an Esso dealer.

Archived