Wawa to Hillsport via White River

sledneck96

Is this a realistic one day ride? I have the map with the mileage but I'm wondering what the terrain is like. I haven't been west of White River or Hornpayne so I don't know those trails or terrain at all. I will be riding with my wife and don't want a 14 hour ride. We usually do Wawa to Hornpayne and back in a day and have done Wawa to Chapleau and back in a day, if that means anything.

Did a search but didn't see the info I wanted.

Thanks

yep we did it a few years ago. approx 225 miles (taking all the short cuts). wawa to the magpie, right to white river, on to manitouwadge, then to hillsport. it will be a long day for sure. the trails arent as open as dub to horne for sure. but not too bad. we did this with a large group inc a 14 year old young lady. took us about 10 hours or so if i remember right. we were not flying by any means. and i had the flu so, you get the picture. you staying with gary and maggie at the hillsport hilton? or are you staying at the wilderness resort? ski

thanks skidooboy, that's exactly the kind of day we are looking for. we won't be riding fast by any means but won't be holding anyone up either.

I had seen the wilderness resort on the snow challenge map and was thinking of staying there. which do you recommend?

thanks again for the help

i prefer gary and maggie at the hillsport hilton but i am biased because they are friends. LOL! both places are nice, hate to steer you to or away from anyone. if you decide to check out the hilton, tell gary you know eric and lynne from michigan, and i told him to take care of you. he may charge you double or triple at that point. LOL! they both have gas and home cooked foods. what i would do is call both and see who gave me the warm fuzzy's and go from there.

we'll be up by there next weekend, hornepayne offtrail riding. ski

Thanks for the info, tough choice.

Archived