Beauty Ride in D9

Faceman

Well, credit where credit is due...Fantastic ride today. Thought at times I was in D15..smooth wide rail lines, the twisty stuff was sweet. Best ride in a long long time. Saw about 100 sleds Markdale/Durham/Hanover way. Back at it tomorrow. Crappy stutters south/east and west of Durham, north was great. That was the only complaint we heard or saw all day. :woot: :woot:

My Daughter and I did 65 miles today. That's a lot for her but she rode like a trooper! Especially when we tried to get to Benmiller in the B109 and literally ran out of snow! I made the mistake of letting her take the reigns of my edge 6! I might as well report the sled stolen!

350KM today Mount Forest to Owen Sound to Sauble to Palmerston back to Mount Forest. Trails were great but it's coming to the end +6 & rain by next Sat.Better get out now.

Well, credit where credit is due...Fantastic ride today. Thought at times I was in D15..smooth wide rail lines, the twisty stuff was sweet. Best ride in a long long time. Saw about 100 sleds Markdale/Durham/Hanover way. Back at it tomorrow. Crappy stutters south/east and west of Durham, north was great. That was the only complaint we heard or saw all day. :woot: :woot:

Didn't think you could ride this year. Good for you

He Faceman!!! How the heck were the trails today. Are there many roads in the route you went yesterday? I am in Hanover right now WITHOUT the sleds!!! Everywhere we drove by the trails which crossed the 9 back and forth looked AWESOME!!.. WTF we should have brought our sleds. If you can tell me that that there is good riding with very minimal road rash in your neck of the woods. I WILL GO TO MUSKOKA and bring my sleds back ASAP!!

He Faceman!!! How the heck were the trails today. Are there many roads in the route you went yesterday? I am in Hanover right now

WITHOUT the sleds!!! Everywhere we drove by

the trails which crossed the 9 back and forth

looked AWESOME!!.. WTF we should have

brought our sleds. If you can tell me that that

there is good riding with very minimal road rash

in your neck of the woods. I WILL GO TO

MUSKOKA and bring my sleds back ASAP!!

I went 225km today and didn't have to ride any roads. North of Palmerston is worse though and same thing over wingham way.

Ride. Klondyke and Durham both have so roads but they were amazingly good on Saturday.The rail line from OS to Dundalk was silk, got into some drifting at Proton Station so turned around. Jumped back up to Markdale and across to Durham. Coming in from the s/e was stutter bumpy. Spoke to some sledders fro Sauble and also Kincardine, same around Durham but good to great otherwise.

Ran north from Durham to Berkley, one small spot in swamp which will be wet the minute the temp changes but next to that.....and mid-week, no traffic. And hopefully groomed for one last time............................sweet!

Rode out of Durham on Saturday and was one the most enjoyable days yet this season after riding in northern Ontario and QC.

Did 190k with the girls, trails were freshly groomed around Durham, headed north to Owen Sound and then west to Walkerton (Dunkel Tavern) and back south thru Mildmay and back to Durham, hats off to District 9.

Kaz

Rode out of Durham on Saturday and was one the most enjoyable days yet this season after riding in northern Ontario and QC.

Did 190k with the girls, trails were freshly groomed around Durham, headed north to Owen Sound and then west to Walkerton (Dunkel Tavern) and back south thru Mildmay and back to Durham, hats off to District 9.

Kaz

Thanks guys. I went to Gravenhurst and got the sleds here in Varney now!!! Can't wait to get out there. Passed two groomers while we were driving along the 89 and 6 today. Yahoooooooooooooooooo!!!

Have a great time. Durham had a groomer go down on them recently so scrambling occurred.Next to that i think we're getting out on Weds afternoon for a bit, probably Walkerton Hanover Neustadt and back.

Have a great time. Durham had a groomer go down on them recently so scrambling occurred.Next to that i think we're getting out on Weds afternoon for a bit, probably Walkerton Hanover Neustadt and back.

Cool. Just spoke with a couple guys here at Varney and they informed me that they put on 200 great miles in this area today. All trails were good. They said they went a little south, north, west and east. Yahoooo how am I going to get some sleep. LMAO :icon_dance-cpatch::icon_clapclap::rotflmao:

I just got in from a 257km run from Owen Sound , Hanover , Durham , Markdale and back though Harriston Park . Over all trails are great sure some areas like in the bush could use some snow and yes the road running could be better . But over all its fantastic I'm running again tomorrow :)

Rode fergus to mark dale Sunday, and ayr to st. Mary's Saturday. Great weekend overall Sunday was choppy but it's great to be riding these trails again first time in a couple years they have been open...

The weather looks OK top temps 4 this week with no precipitation we should be good for another week or two at least !

My Daughter and I did 65 miles today. That's a lot for her but she rode like a trooper! Especially when we tried to get to Benmiller in the B109 and literally ran out of snow! I made the mistake of letting her take the reigns of my edge 6! I might as well report the sled stolen!

Speed Demon, is she? :rotflmao:

BTW, how did you make out with the motion sickness issue with you son?

Speed Demon, is she? :rotflmao:

BTW, how did you make out with the motion sickness issue with you son?

Nothing worked. I'm now considering taking a couple years off. It's too hard to find time to ride and manage other family stuff. I had to cancel out march break trip to Giddy up's cottage. Feeling kind of down right now.

That sucks. Hope you stay in the sport. I get the feeling that your whole family will be pretty disappointed if you drop out.

You can buy my grandtouring. Rides so smooth no motion sickness.

Archived