Signage on the Trails

I've been working with a club Director since January 1st, riding the trails and reviewing the signage along the trails. My 1997 Polaris 2 UP is loaded with stakes, the pounder, a milk crate full of signs and tree clippers. I've learned a lot about the meaning of the signs and the regulations around the signage. Yellow arrow signs to be used at hazardous or 90 degree bends, black arrows on white background are directional. A couple days ago we rode the trails up past Little and Big Hawks up to #16. Pretty rough so I am hoping this snow does a good job of filling in those holes. So, if you see 2 60 year old women on the trails pounding in stakes for a new stop sign or a slow sign, give us a wave and say hello!

post-23066-0-45736100-1360332544_thumb.jpg

You and Liz have done a lot of work! Signage has been a weak spot for a long time..in particular the destination signage. It's not easy work! A few of us have been out and working through the system and as great as it is to be outside..it's not as simple as many think. Thank you for helping us out!!!!

Thanks Fred. We work hard but enjoy it and it's my way of giving back to the club. I am a firm believer in keeping this club going and value all the work the volunteers do to make this happen. We're hearing too many stories of clubs shutting down.

You're right! And the club is important to the Winter economy of the area! Finally with this snow we can appreciate the signage work and people can enjoy the trails.

You two have done a great job with the signs, especially with the much needed destination signs. Thanks for all the hard work.

In his Day Peter O led the way in the province for great signage.

Still comes to the odd meeting and our Christmas party...getting up there in age...

Thank you from all of us.

God bless him. Please say hello for me Bill Park. He is a great man and his wife is a fantastic person.

Sure will WB!

God bless him. Please say hello for me Bill Park. He is a great man and his wife is a fantastic person.

Hey Wildbill As an fyi Peter O. lost Mrs O at least a year ago. He's getting around okay but is slowing down. Still a very proud man with lots of stories to tell. Active with the Legion in Minden still as well.

Hey Wildbill As an fyi Peter O. lost Mrs O at least a year ago. He's getting around okay but is slowing down. Still a very proud man with lots of stories to tell. Active with the Legion in Minden still as well.

That is a real shame they were very happy together.

Archived