Poker run next Saturday?

just run the lakes.

I have never used this trail before. Where would I hop on to the lake and where would I get off at?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never used this trail before. Where would I hop on to the lake and where would I get off at?

Don't go on the lakes unless you know where you are going exactly. Lots of current flows on most lakes around hail. I know my around some of the lakes, but not all of them yet. Been learning for last 5 years.

Ok, thanks for the advice.

yes, find someone to show you the route, I'm sure if its the poker run some locals will be running the lakes, esspecially this run to bypass 4.

you run the trail up bobcaygeon rd to scotch line, run the hydro cut beside the highway to cross over to Mountain Lake, run the west shore of mountain to ogopogo resort where the trail comes off the lake and cross over hwy 35 to twelve mile rd, and hop over to twelve mile, run twelve mile up to the beach at the north end or the trail comes off around the pepper mill on the east side of the lake just south of town and where trail 8 leads into carnarvon.

Ok, I see on the map. If I have someone to follow I will do it.

Is Whitney in the poker run?

No, the trail to Whitney is still closed.

No, the trail to Whitney is still closed.

Oh misunderstanding. I looked at the three photos you added to the website and thought the trails would be opened up.

A huge thank you to all participants in our poker run yesterday! It was a great day to be out sledding..despite the lack of snow. Thank you to all who sponsored this event to make it possible. A big thank you to RPM in Haliburton! As well as our media sponsor the Highlander Newspaper. More snow would have made for a better day, but we can't twist Mother Natures arm.

Great to see those permits on the sleds. Only three non compliant sledders all day, out of over 250 sleds that ran through just one checkpoint.

Archived