Pinestone Resort

I have a group staying at Pinestone in February.

4252 County Rd. #21

Haliburton, Ontario

Could I get a suggestion for a days ride (loop)?

Eight middle aged easy riders.

Any restaurants, gas and activities would be appreciated.

Great place to stay and sled friendly. Right on our trail 7. There are lots of good options for easy loops.

Leave Pinestone, take 7 back across Kashagawigamog lake to the B103. Down the B103 to the B112 and over to Minden. There are restaurants in Minden ( Dominion, Piers BBQ etc plus fuel stops). Then take the B112 up out of Minden to the TOPB and follow that all the way back to Haliburton. Take the B 103 down to HCSA 7 again and back to the Pinestone. It's a good sized loop that showcases a lot of different terrain and trails. If you want to stop in Haliburton for dinner there is Mc Kecks...good food as well and there is fuel right across Head Lake. That's about a six hour loop depending on conditions and rider ability.

Another nice run is up to Whitney from Haliburton. Three hours up and three back, stop for lunch and fuel in Whitney. Nice days ride..you can come back other routes.

Just some ideas to start..

Good burger at the Mad Musher Restaurant in Whitney.

X2. Now Hcsa just has to get the top b open so I can go for a juicy burger.

If you don't have studs make sure you head south to avoid the step hill out of pinestone. It is always pure ice with all of the traffic.

We have to get the snow back first!!

We have to get the snow back first!!

True. Think railline will be open by the 26th Fred?

True. Think railline will be open by the 26th Fred?

It doesn't take a lot to open the rail line...well have to see what Mother Nature brings. I sure hope so.

Archived