Closed Trails

atomic

I just drove around KW, Baden ayr, drumbo, etc. with my kid, nice day for a drive. I noticed most closed trails, most with crops/dirt showing had tons of tracks on them. Also tracks 20 feet on either side of the trail.

Hey I want to ride just as much as everyone else, but have some respect for those properties. (Unless its the farmers themselves ripping around)

Don't complain next year when those farmers say no more trails, is all I'm saying.

Starting to accept southern Ontario trail riding is becoming a thing of the past with these winters.

I just drove around KW, Baden ayr, drumbo, etc. with my kid, nice day for a drive. I noticed most closed trails, most with crops/dirt showing had tons of tracks on them. Also tracks 20 feet on either side of the trail.

Hey I want to ride just as much as everyone else, but have some respect for those properties. (Unless its the farmers themselves ripping around)

Don't complain next year when those farmers say no more trails, is all I'm saying.

Starting to accept southern Ontario trail riding is becoming a thing of the past with these winters.

My uncle bought 34acres and he had new neighbours move in this year and they are running through his property and did not even ask him,ripping up at 80mph all over his field they even burnt his wood in the back lot and left tons of garbage. Be it on OFSC trails or private trails people need to show more respect IMO

My uncle is a fair guy but has a couple of kids of his own that ride Bravos and he has old farm equipment on his property and is afraid someone my get hurt and sue him. So over the weekend he put up no trespassing signs and bought some snow fence. All his neighbour had to do is ask for permission and the do and don'ts if he let them access his property.

Lots of eager sledders. Unless they start getting fined it will continue.

The cops used to charge people with trespassing on closed trails around here a couple of years ago until the district governor talked to the local sergeant and the laying of charges seemed to stop. It is now open season again.

They use to catch people on the powerline crossing Sandhills. Normally first area you can play in. After that weekend, the traffic disappeared. Made a huge difference.

More unpermitted sleds out than permitted as well based on what I have been seeing in my area.

Archived