District 9 Trails

clayfan

I don't know if sone KW area folks are trailering north this weekend, but stop the presses, cancel your plans and ride at home this weekend.

I just rode with one of my clients and 2 of his buddies from Kurtsville, to Clifford, Walkerton, lunch at a great Inn, (I forgot the name the food and service was that fantastic, Dun=Somthing I think they said.) :wtf: Anyway,back on the 108 and south around to Brussels and Listowel and back to the shop in Kutzville. I want to say great job to those clubs. These trails were table top all day. :D Started at 11am, back on the Pick Up truck before 3pm 100 miles including time for fuel for me for that pig of an Arctic Cat I ride and the lunch stop too. :o If I did blow it though :banghead: I had to be home in Niagara for and apointment I shold have cancelled and done another 100miles with the boys tonite.

An absolute blast and if your thinking about riding this weekend, just do it.

Shhhhhh; Keep quiet about our little secret or everyone will want to come ride here in the south! ;) It is amazing how much snow has fallen this week after the big rain on Sunday. I am heading out sat. from home! 8-)

DUNKELD!

We in D9 are sorry to report that all of, or is that olive, our snow has melted.

Olive was the other reindeer don't you know! :woot::woot::woot:

DUNKELD!

We in D9 are sorry to report that all of, or is that olive, our snow has melted.

HEHEHE, I'll be in your neck of the woods tomorrow! :wavey: It's a shame about all that melting snow....... :wtf::rotflmao:

DUNKELD!

tequila.gif

I thought you left for the North Country Leanne???

OH $h&T!!! :shock: is that where I am supposed to be?

:wavey:

Just finished loading the trailer and truck. Leaving early tomorrow morning for Cochrane! :carsled:

Adios Amigo - maybe we can get together for a ride when we get back :wavey::wavey:

Stay Safe! Have a good Poker Run this weekend Randy!

Green with envy

Although...trail conditions around here are fantastic....oh no, forgot..we lost all our snow, yeah, that's right, it's all gone...stay away people :umno::umno::umno:

Hey Matt. So run that T-Cat up to Tara, catch the rail line north and follow it around towards Owen Sound. You can get gas in chesley/Tara/Allenford/Shallow Lake (all about 20 km appart) Once east of Shallow Lake take the next left (intersection 122) to the Stoney Keppel Clubhouse. From Dunkeld it's about an hour. We'll be there off an on all day. Otherwise, enjoy the weekend. FYI B108 between Port Elgin and Southampton is somewhat "wet" saugeen river is overflowing. 8-)8-)8-)8-)

thanks for the headsup on that trail at southhampton, kinda nix's those plans, my uncle just lives off that trail, thought i'd do a suprise visit. maybe next week!

i'll find your clubhouse!! i wear a grey & black bv2s and black snowsuit, sled is black too, and i just had the hair shaved off =D probably be the only guy out there smoking camel's too lol. maybe seeya there~

--matt

i had a wicked time up in d9 today! got on my sled at 0930, got off at 1730...minus the 4 fuel stops and ~40min break at a clubhouse. still logged 208 miles though!

faceman, i DID find your clubhouse, but not you lol. what a busy place, i was there just before noon i think. talked with some guy named doug (i think) he races oval. know him? he seemed to know a lot of the ppl there. hopefully the trails will still be good next weekend

--matt

p.s. opp snow patrol was hanging around the dunelk/chepstow area around suppertime!! good thing i always ride the speed limit :shock:

Looking at the weather we should be good for another 2 weeks or more . That was a great turn out today at the clubhouse I also was there around noon it seemed like 200 sleds . Watch out on the rail line in the area as Mr. Beaver sometimes likes to drop trees across the trail :) .

Hey Matt. Must have missed u by minutes. We left at about 1130, had to run to Wiarton to register for the poker run. Hope you were treated well at our clubhouse(The Shack). Doug??? nope.

There was a pile of people there that i didn't know (poker run) Did you try the teetertooter? As of right now we'll be around next weekend, in fact might be running The Shack (if the better half agrees)

Saw the groomer on b109 heading east out of Listowel Saturday around 1pm, then another one in Blyth heading east on the railbed around 4pm. Trails were smooth and fast all day Saturday. Thank you and great job guys! With cold temps all week, next weekend should be great riding once again.

faceman i didn't try the teeetertotter lol. my belt is too tight and was squealing like mad, everybody staring at me on the way in and on the way out lol. i figured that was enough attention :D gotta put a shim between the sheaves of the #2 clutch, it's sitting here on the table beside me, hope the dealer has some shims in stock for me tomorrow!

--matt

Hey Matt;

Is your Tcat missing the snowflap?

I thought I saw you as you were leaving?Tcat with a grey and black skidoo modular helmet anyways...

Hey PV.. Once again your club (Wiarton Trailblazers) put on a fantastic poker run. Great turnout and super prizes. Thank everyone. :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Randy

Thanks Faceman,glad you had fun! :D

Nice to finally meet you in person! 8-)

Sunday- Trailered to Big Daddy's Yamaha on the east side of Owen Sound. Rode the B to intersection 142 (it's a club trail that does a loop and comes out several miles south. Trail had just been groomed.

And then we ran into this little problem.

P2240029.jpg

After our group navigated this we headed south to the Klondike Riders trails.

Caught the K4 to K5 and went east on some very nice trails. Went left at 224 and ended up in Walters Falls.

From Walters Falls east is a bit of an adventure. The trail winds through a couple of fields and then down and down and down on a mogeled up trail eventually crossing two creeks(bridges) and then back up. We then continued east where we encountered some more water

P2240049.jpg

Several spots where we had to go well out of our way to get around.

Up to the Meaford Clubhouse and then Ted's Range Road Diner for a bite. (Fantastic food)

The return to OS was excellent. Note: there is a short stretch of gravel (200m) on the rail line just before the Best Western.

Nice photos Randy...do you have a helicoptor? Heading to Meaford this weekend...hoping to ride up from guelph, spend the night and ride back. Folks have their place up for sale so we are going to get up as much as we can!

Dan

Your Meaford trails were surprisingly good considering the Meaford club doesn't have a groomer.

Archived