Disconnect between Permit Purchase and Rider Experience

Canuck

Rick... I understand the nature of the PIPEDA legislation and that anyone collecting that information must disclose what will be done with it. Taken from the permit application form on the OFSC website.

By signing where specified below, I would like to access applicable OFSC Benefits and Offers. The OFSC values your privacy and the protection of your personal information. By authorizing the release of the name and address information as indicated below, I consent to the OFSC’s use of this information for purposes related to the mandate of the OFSC (

www.ofsc.on.ca). I further understand that any information provided to the OFSC is out of the custody and control of the Ministry of Transportation and that the OFSC will have sole responsibility of the information.

Please complete the following information:

If someone fills in their email address below there, that to me is giving permission to communication between the OFSC and the applicant for snowmobile related information. I have heard that the Clubs are the OFSC so therefore the clubs should be able to send out snowmobile related information. That is related to the mandate of the OFSC. Does that mandate not include educating and informing sledders of snowmobile related news and events. Of course that would not be advertising commercial ventures but may include club social activities. I really don't think that is out of scope.

I didn't write the law, I just know the box has to be checked if someone wants to be contacted and receive member benefits, same goes for our club, if the box isn't checked we respect their privacy and don't contact them.

Otherwise why would the OFSC & MTO even put the space for the e-mail address if the law says you can't contact them.

Brian in section 3 of the permit app, the space to add your info is there if you chose to check either of the boxes in that section. First box is to receive OFSC member benefits, the other box at very bottom of that section is if you wish to volunteer for or be contacted by the club you purchased your permit from.

Archived