OFSC Trax map

I have the OFSC map from 2016 with about 6 updates.  It is the full map along with the transparency as well.  I run it on a Garmen NUVI 50LM.  I have several maps loaded and run it as follows.  Base map is the Garmen East City map.  I the add the OFSC transparency over it and the free Quebec transparency over it as well.  I run it with North always up, time, speed, altitude on the right.  I always know where I am.  There are always times that the trail is not where the sled is since they move every year.  No matter how new the map is, it is never up to date.  They sent me updates for the rest of the year and then you have to buy a new one if you want more updates.  Also, now they don't want to sell the full map with transparency that can be used in base camp, only their base map with trail on a SD card.  Not very versatile.

BP

i'm running the 2018 version in a Nuvi 1490T i just received the maps last week and it at least has all the newest trail moves around here that we did in 2018 around Arnprior so seems pretty accurate been riding stonecliffe this weekend and their trails have very few changes but the maps so far have been bang on.

I have stopped buying updates from Traxmap and now just use the transperant one. my background map is the Backroads map version 7. The only disappointment now with them also is is only available and locked to a sd card. It is getting harder all the time now to combine and create maps sets for my Montana 650.

I have looked all through the map site and I can't find where it says how much money updates are going to cost??? Anyone ask that question yet?  It says i year free updates. For $79.00 they are genorous!!!! 

15 minutes ago, There's a Blizzard coming said:

I have looked all through the map site and I can't find where it says how much money updates are going to cost??? Anyone ask that question yet?  It says i year free updates. For $79.00 they are genorous!!!! 

I believe the update is part of the $79.  you get updates for a year from the time you register the product, after that year i think you have to re-purchase the map at a discount and get another year of updates....a bit confusing!?  I wouldn't say generous.....

So $79.00 a year?  I can read a lot of maps and carry a compose for those prices. Garmin couldn't get away with these prices they would never sell another GPS. I think I will wait. Thanks for saving me a big chunk of cash

once your 365 days expire to repurchase updates / new card with another year of updates its half price i purchased in Jan and typically most of the trails that are relocated etc are updated by end of Dec so i theoretically should get 2 years out of my purchase before i need to spend 35 bucks to get updates. 

and a quick google on the internet will solve the locked to SD card thing not that i promote that but there are ways out there to combine your maps in basecamp /create backups if need be.

Archived