NRSA Season 2014/2015

Snowing here in Rolphton area! Got about 4 cm this morning and it's still coming down!  Heading out for a ride this afternoon!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drove by few weeks ago and didn't think it was open.

Is it the same folks that own motel or different owners do you know Karen? Never did get up there snowmobiling this year which is sad because I always found between your area and missing link trails have to be some of the extremely well maintained trails I've rode on in Ontario.

It's 2 different owners.  I will pass on  your message to both NRSA & Missing Link volunteers!  Thanks!

Still snowing here in Pembroke/Petawawa as of 2:30!

Trails are in good shape and we received over 10 cm of fresh snow!

Really?? Wow!!!

Wonder how theyd be mid week?? Hmmmmmn

Dont tell Grimm, (or maybe he's already there)

Just returned from a great weekend in Mattawa, NRSA, Missing Link and Mattawa SC (District 11) trails were awesome!

I headed up this morning for the fresh snow fall... Great trails! As the day wore on, the snow melted off the trees like it was raining. In some corners, the skis were digging in right down to the ground and kicking up some stones...not pretty. This year, there just hadn't been an opportunity to establish a frozen base.

I was planning to stay another day but the warmer temps tomorrow are really gonna hurt the trails, so I came home. If we're lucky, with the colder temps later this week, and hopefully a pass from the groomers, will allow us to get another ride in.

Grimm,  Thank for your report!

To bad we did not receive this snow earlier in the winter, as it would of help make a better base.  As you saw, we don't have much of a base, as the snow we received this season had little moisture in it, just fluffy snow!   I think with warm weather  will make the snow disappear quickly.      

I was out for a ride last night from Rolphton from 138 to A-trail to 131, 132, 134, these trails were in great shape!  Maybe have to get out one more time this week!

NRSA Trails are now CLOSED for the season!

The executive would like to take this opporunity to thank our dedicated volunteers for their hard work to ensure we had awesome trails to ride! Thanks to our landowners without you, we would not have a great trail system!  

Thanks to OFSC permit buyers for your continuing support! 

Archived