Kearney to Powassan

Muskoka Man

We left from the info center on hwy 11 at emsdale , rode D up to Powassan ,gassed up and return through the 300 

series around sand lake , 260 ks of groomed perfection , -10 in the morn and -2 when we got back ,starting to get soft then , have not seen the trails in that condition for a long time ,there only calling for 2c and rain now here ,we will survive fine ,lots of trailers heading north yesterday aft ,hope their not going to trash the beautiful base going on_0769.JPG]post-19825-0-26113900-1389442911_thumb.jpg

post-19825-0-19085500-1389442971_thumb.jpg

all the road stuff was good yesterday , not so much at the begining of the week now 

Excellent serious road rash last time I rode to Powassan 

I remember that!!!!!

Nice pics Muskoka Man.  Thanks for the report also.  You lucky guy to be able to have 1400km on your sled already.   What a start.  I hope the weather doesn't get too warm.  Like you said +2 is okay and will just settle all that darn snow you guys have.  Still have my fingers crossed for coming up this Monday or Tuesday.  Might see you out on the trails if they are good to go still.

its only drizzling a bit here so far , tues sounds better for riding ,plan your routes careful extreme ,road travel will be dicey and lakes will be toast,Where are you guys riding?seen a bunch of asshats on the d trail in gravenhurst a hour ago 

its only drizzling a bit here so far , tues sounds better for riding ,plan your routes careful extreme ,road travel will be dicey and lakes will be toast,Where are you guys riding?seen a bunch of asshats on the d trail in gravenhurst a hour ago 

I am not too sure really.  But, I will see what looks the best and stick with Tuesday.  But, I will go up on Monday just to get a feel for what everything looks like.  Was hoping to either go from 4 south of Sparrow Lake to 204 Orillia to the rail be than maybe Coldwater or Midland :coffeenose:​ .  Depending on how the trails look from there.  If roads do get beat up and lakes are bad I won't be able to go towards Bracebridge/ Port Sydney  unless I trailer there from Gravenhurst :wtf: .  We will play it by ear.  Worse case scenario I might drop off at the old Smiths gas station in Port Sydney and ride from there (no gas there now) :banghead:

We will be headed up there in a couple of weeks for  long weekend. we have stayed in Bracebridge port sydney Dwight and Huntsville. Looking for someplace decent and reasonable to stay anywhere north of Graven hurst (never stayed in Gravenhurst always seemed light on snow) Looking for some ideas. Thanks

Edgewater Park Resort is pretty good.

Comfort Inn, Huntsville is decent and reasonable.

It's been a few years since we stayed there, but I can't imagine the value / level of service has changed much.

Lake access only... and that was getting trickier as developments were built on vacant lots. They had a snowmobiler's rate.

Edgewater Park Resort is pretty good.

x2

Also on Sand Lake is Silversands Resort.  Trails in this area are usually in great shape as well. It is a little north of Huntsville.  The Almaguin club website has links to accommodations and is good at updating their trail conditions. http://www.adsc-snow.org/

Archived