The fat lady has sung - Old Hastings area

dweese

Well got up nice and early and headed north for Bancroft this morning. As all the trails where still reporting green. Well that was a big lie, they are showing yellow now but they should be red. I check 3 different drop points and there is zero snow on the trail, it's solid ice and hard ice. Didn't even unload as I knew even with studs there was no way I was going to pull enough up to keep the machine and the sliders cool.

The Paudash trails show green still but I'm sure that update just hasn't been made yet.

Trail Guide shows 15,000km of open trails, down from over 26,000 on the weekend. And I bet a lot more will be closed come Monday when the temps push +10 and stay there for the next 14 days.

It's been a blast boys lets hope next year makes up for this one, and bring on the summer toys.

Hate to say this but there is a fresh inch in Haliburton and still lightly snowing. Weird weather.

Heading your way FredQ!

4" here, no base underneath though. Hail will be closed early next week too.

Likely. They are pulling the stakes next week. The base survived the warm up and rain, and the fresh snow will see us through today anyways. Supposed to hit 13 tomorrrow

Well got up nice and early and headed north for Bancroft this morning. As all the trails where still reporting green. Well that was a big lie, they are showing yellow now but they should be red. I check 3 different drop points and there is zero snow on the trail, it's solid ice and hard ice. Didn't even unload as I knew even with studs there was no way I was going to pull enough up to keep the machine and the sliders cool.

The Paudash trails show green still but I'm sure that update just hasn't been made yet.

Trail Guide shows 15,000km of open trails, down from over 26,000 on the weekend. And I bet a lot more will be closed come Monday when the temps push +10 and stay there for the next 14 days.

It's been a blast boys lets hope next year makes up for this one, and bring on the summer toys.

You were a day too early. We rode from Coe Hill up to the maze today and conditions were very good. Fresh snow overnight provided ample lube.

Icy here and there but I've ridden much worse. Trails were flat and fast just extra care on blind corners in case it got down to ice.

We rode all day, a fair few sleds out.

With ice base and another ice layer below it I wouldn't be surprised you could spring ride till mid week even with double digit temps.

Didn't try any lakes assumed it would be glare ice mostly. Roads decent as well but that isn't going to last.

Archived