Thessalon - Elliot Lake Areas

ult680

I was just thinking of doing a long weekend ride either from Drummond over to Thessalon and a loop around Elliot Lake. Just wondering what are the conditions around the Elliot lake area and around to Wharncliffe - THessalon areas? Anyone know how the ice bridge looks after the brief warm up spell? If the ice bridge looks a little thin I might think of leaving out of Echo Bay or Searchmont. Havn't heart too much in the way of snow reports for these areas.

Any input would be great.

This is your lucky day. Our group just got back from this area yesturday. We were there from wednesday night to monday. We stayed at birch lodge in blind river (which by the way was excellent, great spot and Klaus(the owner) always had a weather update for us at the end of our day ;) The trails were very good everywhere we went. We went over to spanish and up to aubrey falls and of course elliot lake. Now you asked about wharncliffe, there is NO GAS there. So be sure you can make it up to tunnel lake for gas.........it's about 20 minutes east of wharncliffe. And if you stop at the resturant in wharncliffe be careful if there is more than 6 people in there. We waited for 1 and a half hours for 4 burgers and still didn't show up so we left. There was maybe 20 people there and they were overwhelmed. We were mad because it wasted alot of our afternoon for nothing. It's the only place in town so I probably don't need to mention the name. We were in Spanish our last day and the crossing to the island was still open so I'm sure it's ok.........but still ask the locals to be sure. Was an awesome weekend and we'll be back for sure.

Archived