Storm Watch for Ontario - Jan 12th

LuvMyViper

Just got back to Haliburton. We now have a solid foot of snow on the ground maybe a tad more in places. The best part is that what fell is FANTASTIC to groom with! Lot's of heavy packing material and some medium density stuff. On my way back it looks like they are packing the TOP sections. B112 from Minden to Haliburton is now limited and the rail line to the Kawarthas out of Haliburton village is also limited. I might guess that is how they have marked the status after the first packing run, and when the big groomers run through it should be good. It is also getting good and cold so whatever get's groomed and sets up overnight should be nice.

Just got back to Haliburton. We now have a solid foot of snow on the ground maybe a tad more in places. The best part is that what fell is FANTASTIC to groom with! Lot's of heavy packing material and some medium density stuff. On my way back it looks like they are packing the TOP sections. B112 from Minden to Haliburton is now limited and the rail line to the Kawarthas out of Haliburton village is also limited. I might guess that is how they have marked the status after the first packing run, and when the big groomers run through it should be good. It is also getting good and cold so whatever get's groomed and sets up overnight should be nice.

awesome, sooo meet for lunch at mqecs saturday

We got some good snow. Went out this afternoon for a nice little ride. We had a lot of freezing rain and now have a lot of low hanging branches that need to be cleaned up.

awesome, sooo meet for lunch at mqecs saturday

Wish I could. I will take a rain check though.

Coming down pretty good here at the moment! Hopefully it can last all night.

14cm of snow reported at CFB Trenton today that landed on top of a 2cm layer of ice and now two days of -13c. Hopefully that turns on to a nice base.

If it's any consolation, we were stuck in our house till 5pm yesterday as we were plugged solid. Buddies rig was down for repair until 4pm so had to wait. Took a lot of rammin' to get through it all, (would hit it at 15mph and stop dead in two feet). Was coming right up onto hood of a 2005 2500 HD GMC plow-truck. I will get pics up, (hopefully) to give all those in the deep South a little something to hope for.

Archived