OFSC Benefits and Community Involvement

02Sled

It seems that the OFSC does a lot of good work but sometimes "We have a failure to communicate." A lot of or most of this stuff may make it to the clubs executive but then how much of it makes it's way to the individual members? I'm not so sure. I just became aware of a number of these. In another topic on the forums some were unaware of the 10% discount at Mark's Workwearhouse. Here are some I just heard about.

AutoSave - Through OFSC partner Loyalty Solutions OFSC memebers can purchase finance or lease a vehicle at 2 - 3% above dealer cost on any brand of vehicle (excluding luxury).

Did you know - The Province of Ontario provided $3 million to support snowmobiling tourism for the 2011/2012 season. The money is administered through the OFSC.

Through it's Environment Fund (didn't even know there was one) the OFSC has partnered with 4-H Ontario to develop a Responsible Riders club. It will give 4-H youth the opportunity to learn about respecting the environment while riding, sled maintenance, land use and stewardship, environmentally friendly trail development and maintenance and safety aspects of snowmobiling.

Fuel-well - also and OFSC Environment Fund initiative launched this season. Fuel well is plasticized tags for jerry cans that helps keep track of their contents using punch outs for type of fuel and mix ratio.

Polaris Winning Riders Program gave OFSC a cheque for $1250.00 to support the provincial programs. OFSC will be receiving more contributions proportioate to the number of new Polaris sleds sold in Ontario,

The OFSC Environment Fund also provides support to the University of Waterloo to enter a team in the Clean Snowmobile Challenge.

Just wish this got out to more people than it seems to today.

Personally, 98% of people don't make use of these discounts, it looks great on paper but in reality it never gets used. But if the ofsc is spending money on things like discounts IMO I would rather have them NOT and put the money back into the trail system. I'm totally game if they put tons of advertisement on there maps, website etc, as that makes money and pays for more then what it costs to run and make them.

I saw the marks, I think I would use it.

The discounts cost OFSC nothing in fact the companies are actually pay the OFSC to offer them. Please use the discounts it actually supports the sport.

BINGO, it don't cost nothing for the OFSC and you save $$$, IMO that is a win win :)

I work for Hydro here and should see the discounts we get from all sorts of places, 10%,20% 25% off clothing stores,oil changes,garages, gym memberships etc. We not take advantage of it

The OFSC benefits have been around for over a decade if not 2 decades,those papers you get and rags are not just pretty pictures, read them you might be surprised at what you can save and where ;)

Often people do read about the deals to be had but then seem to disregard them. Maybe the message needs to be louder??? You can lead a horse to water...

Good on the OFSC for arranging and partnering to bring these savings to us. Time to pay closer attention.

Often people do read about the deals to be had but then seem to disregard them. Maybe the message needs to be louder??? You can lead a horse to water...

Good on the OFSC for arranging and partnering to bring these savings to us. Time to pay closer attention.

It is like Tax loopholes and otehr write offs, they are there it is up to you to take advantage of them :)

Archived