North Bay area........

shawnj

I sit hear reading about the issues surrounding the North Bay area and think of the revenue that must be generated hear, or potential of it. I know over the past few years it seems to be getting worse, very unfortunate as it can be an excellent place to ride and visit. We usually spend a full week and sometimes a weekend or two up in area north west of North Bay. We have become very good friends with a lodge owner and spend time there hunting in the fall too. It is our two weeks vacation that we use up in this area. I've been reluctant to spend my week there in the winter due to the trails either changing or not being groomed all week even with considerable snow coverage. Every day last year, I'd walk out to the trail with my dog and expect to see it groomed, but it wasn't. Not even once. We headed by trail to Sudbury area and the trails were excellent. Some of the issues hear in this area I've been told was of course, the lack of volunteering. I wish I lived closer, because this area, would be a priveledge.(spelling??) to help maintain. I'd hate to think that I won't see our friends there this winter because I don't care for their trails up there anymore. Not sure what to do about it, cant really complain to the local clubs as I'm not Volunteering...

I'm with you. Used to be our fav place. Has gone to crap.

A few years ago Doug who used to own the Portage,( named something else now,) told us he could no longer work with the people running the club. This guy used to work all day and night, then groom till dawn. He quite the club and it now is a joke.

He told us that they just don't have any money. Slow permit sales and little help from the OFSC.

Archived