Project Paperwork & Approvals = $$$$$

bbakernbay

The North Bay Snowmobilers Club has been extremely active over the past several months replacing and repairing a total of 5 bridges as well as grading on TOP AD and NB308 and brushing on A102Q and NB302.

Nearly $100,000 has been spent on trails.

A new 40' long pre-engineered Ebert Welding steel bridge was installed over the Duschesnay Creek on TOP AD on the TCPL ($40,000).

A new 30' Ebert Weldeing steel bridge was installed on A102Q ($30,000)

Three bridges on TOP AD north of A102Q were rebuilt and redecked ($10,000)

TOP AD north of Highway 63 and TOP A at the Nordic Ski Club were reditched and regraded ($7,5000)

A102Q and NB302 to Turtle Lake were brushed ($7,500)

Additional trail signing ($2,500)

Many thanks go to our Vice President and Operations Manager John Miller for putting in many, many hours getting the numerous approvals (MNR, TCPL, NBM Conservation Authority) and NNTA/OFSC for funding the two new bridges. It is absolutely amazing how much he has accomplished and believe me these applications and approvals are very time consuming and frequently frustrating but they need to be done before anything happens.

We still have a couple more days of redecking on the TOP AD bridges. If you can volunteer a few hours, please contact me at 705-476-0306

post-21132-0-12906900-1324238791_thumb.jpg

Good job on the bridges ;)

There is a bridge out on one of the local trails I ride. Its been out 3 or 4 years now so there is about a km of road running to get around it. I'm sure it would have been fixed long ago, but its a shared use trail with sleds ATVs and part of the St. Lawrence trail system, so I'm sure its held up by who's job is it to relace an who is going to pay for it :(

Props to your president for dealing w/ the authorities! My parents dealt 1st hand w/ the 3 levels of gov't (including the Coast Guard :rolleyes: ) to replace a bridge that had been in place for over 50 years.

Archived