Weather Conditions Up North Today! A107A

Klotz Lake Camp

Yikes! We have temps of -28 with windchills of -35 to -40 today. And for those of us who still have a difficult time with Celcius, at 40 below C and F are the same so it makes absolutely no difference...... :holysheep: We have some brave souls who called me last night from Hearst going to head this way via the A107A. 7 sleds were heading out this morning. Keep in mind, this trail has been fully groomed/dragged, but has had a total of 6 sleds on it. With the 6 additional inches (not sure how many cms that is) of snow and the strong winds we've had, this could be a pretty trecherous trip. Hope they have strong sleds and warm gear. I better go put the soup on - I think they might need it. A full report from them once they arrive - I promise.

We've had lots of calls about this trail, so it will be great to hear how the trip was today. Stay tuned to this channel....

We ordered snow but not that cold :o , It sure seems that A107A is getting the attention it deserves this year. The good thing about the cold is the little washout should freeze up. Glad to here sleds are headed in. We'll watch for your update this afternoon. :coffeenose:

Yikes! We have temps of -28 with windchills of -35 to -40 today. And for those of us who still have a difficult time with Celcius, at 40 below C and F are the same so it makes absolutely no difference...... :holysheep: We have some brave souls who called me last night from Hearst going to head this way via the A107A. 7 sleds were heading out this morning. Keep in mind, this trail has been fully groomed/dragged, but has had a total of 6 sleds on it. With the 6 additional inches (not sure how many cms that is) of snow and the strong winds we've had, this could be a pretty trecherous trip. Hope they have strong sleds and warm gear. I better go put the soup on - I think they might need it. A full report from them once they arrive - I promise.

We've had lots of calls about this trail, so it will be great to hear how the trip was today. Stay tuned to this channel....

If I was a gambling man, I'd be betting those boys will be wishing they didn't attempt that ride in those temps with all that wind. Could be a mighty LONG day. Here's to hoping they arrive safely!

I'm sure the destination will make it all worthwhile. It will be interesting to hear how the trip went. I have contacted the district 15 and 16 clubs that are responsible for grooming A107A to see if there is another scheduled groom. I'll post any information I receive.

Archived