French River - Sudbury

RevedUP

I am currently in Sudbury, we left from Burlington yesterday and trailered til we found snow! Everything looked very poor until we crossed a majic line a few miles south of French River. We droped the sleds and started riding toward Sudbury. We had been told that Sudbury area had received a lot of snow over the las couple days.

North from French was awesome trees were laden with fresh snow the snow was heavy as it was about +1 but the trails were smooth. Lakes were a wee bit slushy oin the od spot but not bad at all!

Oddly enough as we got closer to Sudbury conditions worsened. There was considerably less snow and some under trail obticles such as rocks etc showing through. Trail was surprisingly smooth however. We heard from some locals that until 2 days ago you could barely get to Sudbury all winter do to lack of snow! Wonder why nobody ever mentioned that on here?

We were told that a little north of here the snow is much better so that is where we are heading today!

So far though it was definatley worth the trip up here!

I will try and post an update tonight!

I am currently in Sudbury, we left from Burlington yesterday and trailered til we found snow! Everything looked very poor until we crossed a majic line a few miles south of French River. We droped the sleds and started riding toward Sudbury. We had been told that Sudbury area had received a lot of snow over the las couple days.

North from French was awesome trees were laden with fresh snow the snow was heavy as it was about +1 but the trails were smooth. Lakes were a wee bit slushy oin the od spot but not bad at all!

Oddly enough as we got closer to Sudbury conditions worsened. There was considerably less snow and some under trail obticles such as rocks etc showing through. Trail was surprisingly smooth however. We heard from some locals that until 2 days ago you could barely get to Sudbury all winter do to lack of snow! Wonder why nobody ever mentioned that on here?

We were told that a little north of here the snow is much better so that is where we are heading today!

So far though it was definatley worth the trip up here!

I will try and post an update tonight!

Thanks for the report!

Archived