Trail Conditions, H&H Resort to Honey Harbour

Running Wild

Friends are going from H&H to Honey Harbour on the weekend and just wondering what the trail conditions are like. Any issues they should be aware of and is Six Mile Lake staked? It will be the first time on this trail for them.

Thanks

RW

Six Mile Lake, Gloucester Pool and Little Lake are all staked. All the Port Severn Trails are open with the exception of 16 which is limited. If you get onto the ice of Honey Harbour avoid the north shoreline around Delawana Inn. It is never really good.

We had a great time last weekend in the area. Friday rode from HH to Penetang and then via trail to Midland. From Midland we followed the stakes to Beausoleil and then up the outside all they way up to our cottages in Go Home.

Saturday we did the Go Home Lake route to Gala Lake, then trail C up to Baxter lake for lunch. In the afternoon we went to Bala and then 6 mile lake to Honey Harbour and back to the cottage via Cognashene.

Conditions were fantastic and 6 Mile lake so perfect I got the new machine to 145 k before coming to my senses.

I'll bet this weekend it will be as good or better!

We had a great time last weekend in the area. Friday rode from HH to Penetang and then via trail to Midland. From Midland we followed the stakes to Beausoleil and then up the outside all they way up to our cottages in Go Home.

Saturday we did the Go Home Lake route to Gala Lake, then trail C up to Baxter lake for lunch. In the afternoon we went to Bala and then 6 mile lake to Honey Harbour and back to the cottage via Cognashene.

Conditions were fantastic and 6 Mile lake so perfect I got the new machine to 145 k before coming to my senses.

I'll bet this weekend it will be as good or better!

If you are out at Beausoleil there is a trail that runs from the south tip right through the middle of the island and brings you out to Treasure Bay. It's always a nice ride.

. As someone else mentioned, the C Trail south of the Moon River was in very bad condition for some distance.

RW

If the C Trail in that area improves, please post.

We would like to head up to Mactier ... but everyone has been warning us about that trail.

If the C Trail in that area improves, please post.

We would like to head up to Mactier ... but everyone has been warning us about that trail.

The C trail is the main trail north to Parry Sound and takes a beating even under the best of conditions. The best shot is to find out when they are grooming it and head out just after but it will get beat up real quick by the throttle jockies. If you watch someone riding a trail at a steady pace you will see that the trail doesn't end up like a wash board. It's those that like to hit the throttle sudden back off and hit it again that chews it up unfortuately.

Archived